Hello, is gripe water safe for two month old baby if yes then how often should i give it to my baby?

u can give Collicaid... U will have to give gripe water like about a cap full while 5-6 drops of collicaid will do. I gave it to my elder son & now giving it to younger one also. Dr. also suggest this only.

If you can have vavding water/ jeera/ ajwain water it will help you and your child. Vavding if 3-4 seeds boiled in one litre water and had instead of plain water is good. I had got Collocaid for my daughters. While nursing you may be able to help your child through you.

Thank you Isha n Lynette

My daughter is 3 months old and my Dr also suggested Collicaid and not Gripe water.
also if you take ajwain+methi seeds+dill seeds soaked in water overnight and boil and take it in the morning 1st thing it will help in 3 things.. 1 - baby will not have cough cold as frequently 2. ur milk will come thick 3. helps in post pregnancy weight loss

Also 1 more imp thing.. Ajwain helps baby to release gas without any discomfort and hence Collicaid use will also minimise

Hi Bijal thank you for ur valuable advice. Can u pls confirm the quantity for ajwain methi n dill seeds tht needs to b soaked. N will a spoon of these 3 in the morning b enough?

You're welcome Nike. 1 tablespoon of each will be enough, last night i also added 1 spoon sauff and it gave a nice aroma and taste to the drink. soak overnight and boil till the water becomes half. I usually soak in 1 liter of water and boil it till becomes half.

Typically nothing other than breastfeed should be given to a baby below six months. not even water. Please check with your pediatrician before offering anything else.

Hi Rhituparna. Collicaid was suggested by pediatrician. The above mentioned soaked water is to be taken by the breastfeeding mother and not the child. ☺

Related questions
hi moms i just wanted to share n ask a question abt my 3months of baby...wen she was born she was in fair complexion but den she was kept under photo therapy fo... my baby is 4 month old. before 2 weeks she used to sleep in afternoon for 3-4 hours n also in night got up only once for feed. since 2 weeks or so she has not b... when to introduce teething toy??my baby is 4 month old months. He is drooling alot and eating his hand all the time. Are these signs of teething? Is anyone else... Is it okay to give my 3yr old a shower in cold water. Regular tap water instead of warm water in the summer. I have always been giving him a shower in warm wa... hi baby is 4 months...guess her teething has started n so she keeps moving her tongue Over gums, rubs ears alot n wen takes feeding ( especially the a... Hi, from yesterday i have viral fever. and the problem is my 1 yr old daughter is still on breast feed. will breast feeding in fever affect my baby ???? Hello, is gripe water safe for two month old baby if yes then how often should i give it to my baby? my daughter is 4 yrs 11 months sunday nite she complained stomach pain i thot cud b gastric as she hadnt eaten well dat day not passed motion..i gv her kumari a... Hey all..I am 19 weeks pregnant and in my 2nd ultrasound baby's brain is showing 4mm cyst......I am very much tensed.... although everything is normal but then... hello , i am ruchika mother of a five year old boy. I want to ask that my kid has lots of hair on back and hands which irritates him much in i hav...
Get the BabyChakra app
Ask an expert or a peer mom and find nearby childcare services on the go!
Scan QR Code
to open in App