My question is that children usually babble a lot before actually starting to speak..even in latter toddler hood some kids stammer a bit or say few words incorrectly like between r and l or t etc..is this also disability of some kind and needs consultation or improves with age and practice?.

Aditi Ahuja in that case u might have to c the Speech Therapist...to clarify the confusion in understanding sound is speech related or due to difficulty in; auditory processing of the sound....if it is speech related then Speech therapist can help tje child

Hi Aditi, It all depends on the age of the child, as these are developmentally appropriate behaviours, but only up until a certain age. I suggest that you consult a Speech and Language Therapist to ensure that what you are seeing falls into that range and is not something that needs intervention. Hope this helps!

Suggestions offered by doctors on BabyChakra are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by BabyChakra is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.

Recommended Articles