Congratulations! By when are you planning for a baby?
Congratulations! How many weeks are you?
I have a
Dr. Jyotsna Gupta
7 months old baby
Relax dear..It happens with everybody absolutely normal..he/she will learn sleeping by end of two months. Now my baby take proper sleep in night and doesn't bother me; anymore.
Here’re some tips to manage with this erratic pattern of sleep:
- Babies are just blank slates, you can begin to teach your baby good sleeping habits by establishing a bedtime routine once the baby settles down to the new environment.
- As your baby's brain and central nervous system mature, her sleep cycles will get longer and more sleep will occur at night. Most babies adjust to the family timetable in a few months or so.
- A newborn cannot eat all that much in a single feed. If you are breastfeeding, the milk gets digested quickly, which means a baby can wake up hungry and ready to fill the belly. So make sure you feed them on demand. A well fed baby, sleeps well too.
- Try to nap during your baby's longer stretches of sleep.
- You can assist the sleeping process by differentiating day and night atmosphere like creating a calm, dark environment at night, while letting the sunshine in during the day.
- During daytime feedings, talk a lot to your baby, while at night feedings, make the surroundings quiet with as little light as possible.
- Remove any item from the sleeping area that could potentially suffocate or distract a baby, cause overheating, including blankets, pillows, stuffed animals, or quilts. It will take atleast six months to get a schedule
hi jyotsana - it's perfectly normal. after 2-3 months they get into a sleep routine. sharing some good links with u - pls read.
Pls also read & bookmark this compilation of questions asked by new moms which have been answered by experts and other moms in detail. Very helpful for new moms like you!https://www.babychakra.com/learn/3096-new-mommy-questions-answered
Infant Sleep Training - Here’s What Worked For Me
Go To Sleep, My Baby
5 Steps To Sleep Training Success
This Woman Has Found A Unique Way Of Putting A Baby To Sleep!
Explore your network on our secure platform by connecting your social profile
Get a free ebook on breastfeeding by signing up for the event!
Please fill all the fields properly.
Please Select a past date.
You are missing out!
Sign in to view personalized
notifications and offers.
Enter your details to make your parenting journey fun and easy
Sign up now! Get an EXCLUSIVE E-BOOK on BREASTFEEDING
Get exclusive access to
Connect with us
Online Breastfeeding Help!
Problem breastfeeding? Book a 1 - 1 chat with a top expert at Home. Questions? Leave your number. We’ll call you back.
Thanks for submitting your details our represntative will touch with you
We have noticed that you already have an existing account with us. Please select one of the actions mentioned below: