Congratulations! By when are you planning for a baby?
Congratulations! How many weeks are you?
I have a
Want to post, share and ask questions. Download Now!
2 years 2 months old baby
Here’re some tips to manage with this erratic pattern of sleep:
- Babies are just blank slates, you can begin to teach your baby good sleeping habits by establishing a bedtime routine once the baby settles down to the new environment.
- As your baby's brain and central nervous system mature, her sleep cycles will get longer and more sleep will occur at night. Most babies adjust to the family timetable in a few months or so.
- A newborn cannot eat all that much in a single feed. If you are breastfeeding, the milk gets digested quickly, which means a baby can wake up hungry and ready to fill the belly. So make sure you feed them on demand. A well fed baby, sleeps well too.
- Try to nap during your baby's longer stretches of sleep.
- You can assist the sleeping process by differentiating day and night atmosphere like creating a calm, dark environment at night, while letting the sunshine in during the day.
- During daytime feedings, talk a lot to your baby, while at night feedings, make the surroundings quiet with as little light as possible.
- Remove any item from the sleeping area that could potentially suffocate or distract a baby, cause overheating, including blankets, pillows, stuffed animals, or quilts.
Remember, it is normal for babies to not sleep through the night, particularly the first three months of life. Some babies are better sleepers than others. But if you have concerns that something is causing your baby to wake during the night such as a cold, constipation, or gas, colic, please talk about it with your pediatrician.
Please feed the baby on demand also if the baby sleeps while you feed wake them up n feed. A well fed baby sleeps well too
Shalini,whatever time baby sleeps is okay,newborns have erratic sleep pattern.sleep when the baby sleeps. This will only change post few months. So just accept it for now and ask for support from family members!
Sleeplessness - Why, What and How!!!
1 month ago
5 min read
How to prevent Whooping Cough or Pertussis in New Borns
3 weeks ago
4 min read
Say Bye to boredom of Household Chores, Make it fun and...
1 month ago
2 min read
Dr. Tushar Yadav
Stay Fit During Coronavirus Lockdown By Practising Yoga...
Meningococcal Meningitis: A Vaccine Preventable Disease
4 weeks ago
5 min read
Why Massage Your Baby?
Rini George @ Babysutra
Post Partum Depression in India
1 month ago
6 min read
Planning For Your Child’s Future?
How Infant Massage Can Help Babies With Disability
Explore your network on our secure platform by connecting your social profile
Get a free ebook on breastfeeding by signing up for the event!
Please fill all the fields properly.
Please Select a past date.
You are missing out!
Sign in to view personalized
notifications and offers.
Enter your details to make your parenting journey fun and easy
Enjoy access to our exclusive features. Sign up now!
Get exclusive access to
Online Breastfeeding Help!
Problem breastfeeding? Book a 1 - 1 chat with a top expert at Home. Questions? Leave your number. We’ll call you back.
Thanks for submitting your details our represntative will touch with you
We have noticed that you already have an existing account with us. Please select one of the actions mentioned below: