Congratulations! By when are you planning for a baby?
Congratulations! How many weeks are you?
I have a
27 weeks pregnant
Constipation in Pregnancy :
As if pregnancy is not enough with those harmonal changes, mood swings and anxiety.. Few things like nausea, vomiting, food aversion and constipation follow suits. I too had my dose of all these, I was always afraid of constipation as I had 2 or 3 bad experience. I got terrified when I was constipated in my 5th week of pregnancy, as usual my mom came to rescue. I followed few things and kept that constipation away till my pregnancy and even after that.
CAUSES; AND REMEDIES
1. Less fiber in the diet, The food aversion will make us to eat less and we become choosy. I remember having rice blended in mixer with lot of water and I drank that for 2 days, I could not eat anything else and it resulted in constipation.
Eat 2 vegetables per day, try to include greens thrice a week. Vegetables like pumpkin, green peas, carrots, yam etc helps in relieving constipation, Don't forget the fruits. There are stool softeners available but it's always better to keep the medicines minimal during pregnancy.
2. We tend to become less active and it definitely slows our digestive system resulting in constipation.
Unless and until your doctor has asked for a bed rest, do not keep your body rigid and stay indoors. Go for a walk inside your compound or at least within your house.
3. Iron culprit, Iron riched foods and iron supplements hardens the stool but iron is very important in pregnancy and we can't miss it.
If you are eating Palak then make sure to add dal to it, You will be given Iron and calcium supplements in 2nd trimester. Eating Iron supplements in the night will definitely cause constipation next morning, So always eat Iron in the morning after breakfast and Calcium in the night after dinner. Make sure not to eat iron and calcium together, do not consume milk with iron tablets as calcium in milk will hinder the iron absorption. Take your iron tablets with Orange Juice or Lemon Juice (Vitamin C helps in good iron absorption)
Apart from these I followed some home remedies which always helped me right from my childhood. If it suits you then follow it.
1. Methi Seeds : It's a miracle seed, loose motion, constipation, periods cramps all need is 1 tsp of methi seeds gulped down with a glass of water. Few scared me saying it will cause contraction but when I checked with my gynecologist she said anything in moderation is fine and asked me to eat soaked methi. You can also add soaked methi in butter milk and drink.
2. Sabja Se
2. Sabja Seeds : Soak Sabja seeds in water and add it to your juices and milk shakes.
3. Ghee:; In moderation ghee can be consumed daily, mix 2 tsp of ghee in warm milk and drink. It relieves constipation.
4. Gulkand : Mix 1 tsp of Gulkand in warm milk and drink before you sleep.
Above all drink plenty of water. If you are eating meat 🥩 then make sure to drink extra glass of water. Never give pressure while passing stool it's very dangerous, If the constipation is accompanied by blood then immediately visit the gynaecologist and get stool softeners. Avoid eating spicy and masala foods in entire pregnancy because it results in indigestion and acidity, It also troubles when constipated.
Shradsha Gupta ji aap natural remedie use karo pregnancy mein sabse achha hai Amaltas kisi b pansari ki shop se mil Jaye gi apke asspas b bahut hai, sabse Amaltas lo uska gudda nikalo or raat ko bhigo 2 subah pee lo constipation bilkul theek ho jayegi Roz aisa he karna
Amaltas Pregnancy mein bilkul safe hai
Use Istanbul power. It is best for constipation
Explore your network on our secure platform by connecting your social profile
Get a free ebook on breastfeeding by signing up for the event!
Please fill all the fields properly.
Please Select a past date.
You are missing out!
Sign in to view personalized
notifications and offers.
Enter your details to make your parenting journey fun and easy
Sign up now! Get an EXCLUSIVE E-BOOK on BREASTFEEDING
Get exclusive access to
Online Breastfeeding Help!
Problem breastfeeding? Book a 1 - 1 chat with a top expert at Home. Questions? Leave your number. We’ll call you back.
Thanks for submitting your details our represntative will touch with you
We have noticed that you already have an existing account with us. Please select one of the actions mentioned below: