It’s all about going colourful this month, thanks to the myriad hues of Holi and Easter. As summer and school vacations knock on our doors, let’s welcome them in, by eating colourful! Here’s an eye-pleasing, yummy and refreshing rainbow-inspired Holi special for the entire family. To top it up, it’s made of whole fruit, so it’s healthy too.
You will need
1. Puree the fruit in a blender one at a time, rinsing it out between fruits. Add a bit of water and sugar while blending if desired. (Some fruits like watermelon don’t need extra water)
2. When you blend the kiwi, blend only the deseeded pulp to preserve the lovely green colour and add the seeds to the pulp later, if required
3. Refrigerate the purees to prevent oxidation.
4. Carefully pour two teaspoons of the chosen puree into the Popsicle molds. Tap the mold on a surface to level the puree.
5. Pop the mold into the freezer and till the puree is solid.
6. Now add two teaspoons of the next pureed fruit carefully over the first layer. Clean the sides off spilled puree.
7. Place ice-lolly sticks into the molds and firmly press into the frozen layer. You do not need the lids of the molds for this recipe.
8. Freeze again. Repeat the process till all the fruit purees have been layered and frozen.
9. Once they’re ready to be enjoyed, dip the mold in a vessel of water for about a minute and pull out the popsicles. This recipe makes 8 popsicles.
All pictures in this article are original and belong to the author. Reproducing them in any form without the permission of the author will not be allowed.