A quick fruity bite: Apple and Mango Crumble
Summers take me back to school days where we would eat lots of mangoes and then relish the taste throughout the year. As a kid, I still remember how every week we would get different variety of mangoes and then skip dinner to have an extra one. But with time the craze settled down and eating mangoes were not so exciting anymore. So this year, when we were on a vacation and I happened to have this scrumptious apple crumble at my sister-in-law’s place, it tasted heavenly! In fact not just me, even my 5-year-old loved diving into it with a scoop of ice-cream. This just got me thinking about adding my favorite old favorite mangoes in the crumble and that is when I tried this apple and mango crumble back at home.
The taste of mango with apple along with the crunch of baked oats and the aroma of cinnamon, is just too perfect a combination. Trust me, you wouldn’t like to say no to this one. Oh yes, your kids would love it too with some vanilla ice-cream. What better way to make them eat fruits and oats with limited butter, isn’t it one yummy and healthy recipe. Try it soon!
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 35 mins
Apple: 1 chopped
Mango: 1 chopped
Brown Sugar (or Castor Sugar): 6 tbsp
Butter: 4 tbsp
Cinnamon: 2 tsp
Lemon juice: 1 tsp
Oats: 6 tbsp (crumbled coarsely)
1. In a bowl add apple, mango, ½ the measure of sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, lemon juice and keep it aside.
2. Crumble the oats coarsely with butter, 1 tsp cinnamon and rest of the sugar and keep it aside.
3. Add 1 tbsp of oats mixture in the apple and mango mixture.
4. Lightly butter a baking dish and put the apple and mango mixture and then cover it with rest of the oats mixture.
5. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees and then bake it for 30 mins and serve it hot with ice cream of your choice.
Source for Images: All pictures in this article are original and belong to the author. Reproducing them in any form without the permission of the author will not be allowed.
Read More On Baby