How to Balance your Career and Child the Right Way
Being a mother should not limit you from pursuing your dreams and shaping your destiny . Here are 10 easy tips that you can follow to achieve a successful balance between career & motherhood.
1. If financial constraint is not the limiting factor, stay with your child most of the time in the first 3 years of life. Even older children miss Mom if she is not around. They need her, not only to listen to their woes but also to share their joys.
2. Take up a part time job
3. Work from home.
4. See that you have a proper person to look after your child in your absence. It could be your husband, your mother or mother-in-law, some other relative or a paid caretaker.
5. Discuss with your husband if he may be able to adjust his work timings order to help out with the child.
6. Make sure that some person is at home when the child returns from school some employers may allow you to start work early and leave early so that you can be at home to receive your child. If it is not possible on a particular day, leave a note for the child with the other attendant (s) as to why you could not be present. Talk to her on the phone. It is not a good idea to allow a child to come to an empty home; she is likely to feel insecure and get into bad company.
7. Do things together as a family whenever possible. See that you have at least one meal together. Spend more time talking to each other or playing simple games together. It may even mean watching a TV programme that the whole family enjoys.
8. Save some money for holidays. These need not be expensive. Plan your travel in advance so that you can have real fun together.
9. Do not try to be a perfect parent whose home is spotlessly clean, who does social work and who has a prestigious job. Know your limits. See that you have 7 to 8 hours of sleep; that you have time with a common friend with whom you can share everything on your mind and with whom you can laugh (and also cry if required). Make sure also that you and your spouse spend quality time together.
10. Share your feeling with your spouse and children. Find out how everyone can share the responsibility of carrying out household chores.
So do remember this advice, go out and be who you are. For sky's the limit for you.
Source: Book - Guide to Child Care by Dr R K Anand
To consult Dr R K Anand in person, click here
If you are reading this article on our website and have an Android phone, please download our APP here for a more personalised experience based on your lifestage.
Source for banner image: popsugar
Read More On Baby