For days, when the weather outside is wet & cold and you crave something hot and comforting then this pleasing recipe of Sweet Corn & Chicken Broth is something you should bookmark and keep. Why? One, because it is so simple that even before you finish saying soup it will be ready and two, because it uses corn, a must eat and a hearty indulgence for the monsoons.
Soups are known for their extremely soothing effect and high nutrition quotient they carry due to the careful simmering of all its ingredients. While some involve a laborious process, some can be easily executed if smartly planned. The base of the soup is a homemade chicken stock which can be prepared in bulk and frozen for instant use anywhere and anytime. The stock keeps well for months and is a flavourful, nourishing replacement of water as a cooking liquid. Stock is already cooked and corn, the main flavour of the soup is also a quick cooking ingredient which makes this soup as easy as instant soup mixes. If you don’t have homemade stock ready then instant stock cubes also do a good job, giving you an option to choose between vegetarian or non-vegetarian.
Other easy to cook ingredients like mushrooms, carrots, boneless chicken pieces can also be thrown in while the soup simmers for added flavour and nutrition.
The soup is thick and quite filling. A bowl of piping hot Sweet Corn & chicken broth is perfectly accompanied by croutons and some grated cheese on top to make a comforting mini meal.
Now, is your weekend comfort food sorted?
1. Divide the sweet corn into 2 equal parts.
2. Coarsely grind one part of corn with green chilli, coriander leaves, garlic, oil, cumin seeds and salt. Now, add the 2nd part of corn to the mixer jar and whip just once for a few seconds. If using Chicken stock cube, then grind it along with the other ingredients.
3. Take a non-stick soup pan and sauté the mixture lightly, on low flame, till you get the lovely cooked aroma of sweet corn.
Looks and smells heavenly
4. Pour in all the chicken stock / water and simmer the soup for 10 minutes till desired consistency (slightly thick) is achieved.
Smooth and delish
5. Serve the soup hot with some croutons, preferably.
Your Bowl of wholesome deliciousness is ready.
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun recipe
If you are reading this article on our website and have an Android phone, please download our APP here for a more personalised experience based on your lifestage.