Pregnancy Week 6: Activity
During pregnancy it's especially important to steer clear of unsafe food and drink that could make you unwell or cause harm to your unborn child. There is lots of misleading information floating around about what's safe and what's not, so be careful about what you read. You don't want to miss out on healthy foods which are beneficial for your baby or stress out unnecessarily about your diet.
Here is a starting point of foods you should avoid:
1. Raw or uncooked meat, fish or poultry
2. Runny or undercooked eggs, including anything that includes raw eggs e.g. cake/cookie batter, ice cream, custard, chocolate mousse, mayonnaise
3. Buffet or picnic food that's been sitting out for longer than two hours (one hour on a hot day)
4. Unwashed fruits or vegetables
5. Unpasteurized or 'raw milk' soft cheese
6. Unpasteurized (raw) milk
7. Unpasteurized or 'freshly squeezed' juice from a juice bar
8. More than 200 mg of caffeine per day.