Battle Morning Sickness With These 3 Expert-Approved Natural Remedies!
As a first-time mom-to-be, one of the early signs could be nausea and vomiting, also known as morning sickness. It usually starts around 6 weeks of pregnancy, and if you are lucky, it will settle by the 12th week. Apart from medicines (to be taken only with your gynaecologist’s advice), here are a few natural remedies to make this phase a bit easier for you.
Ginger: You can have ginger tea, ginger capsules, or chew on a small piece of this extremely helpful spice. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists recommends it for morning sickness too! However, it is known to interfere with blood clotting. In case, you are on blood-thinning medications, do check with your doctor before starting ginger capsules.
Acupressure and Acupuncture: You can use acupressure wrist bands or consult an acupuncturist, as both these therapies can offer relief. There are no known side-effects of either.
Hypnotherapy: Hypnosis, conducted by a qualified hypnotherapist, is a harmless and reasonably effective option.
Dos and Don’ts:
- Eat small, frequent meals, every 3-4 hours.
- Have plenty of fluids (3-4 litres) to avoid dehydration.
- Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, and dairy products. Avoid oily, spicy food.
- Avoid strong odors and heavy perfumes. Smelling a lemon or a piece of ginger also helps with nausea.
- Don’t lie down immediately after eating.
- Maintain a mild but regular exercise regime with your doctor’s consent.
- Consult your doctor if you experience excessive vomiting, lack of appetite, or weight loss due to vomiting.
Don’t feel too low! Morning sickness usually disappears by the end of the first trimester.
Disclaimer: BabyChakra does not promote self-diagnosis or self-medication. The views expressed are of a homeopathic consultant, purely for informative purposes.
Also read - Nauseous? 8 Ways To Prevent Morning Sickness
Explore the entire collection of articles: Pregnancy must know
If you are reading this article on our website and have an Android phone, please download our APP here for a more personalised experience based on your lifestage.
To consult a prenatal expert, click here.