Ring in the festival by doing what the elephant Lord loves doing – eating!
It is that time of the year again! Ganesha is here! The city is abuzz with a lot of activity – ganesh pandals at every street corner, crowds thronging to get a glimpse of Ganesha, homes with the smell of incense, full of music from the aartis and the aromas of delicacies.
The elephant lord is particularly fond of eating and patrons make sure that they fulfil his every whim and fancy.
So here is a list of eating-out places that you must surely try out during Ganeshotsav along with the best fare they offer:
1. Modakam - The ‘modak’ features on top on the long list of delicacies that please Ganesha! And one of the best places to savour this delicacy is Modakam. Their speciality is Ukadiche Modak (steamed modak).
Location: Near Siddhivinayak Temple at Prabhadevi, Dadar.
2. Nordic Kandie Magic – With changing times, Ganesha too has evolved in his tastes. Presenting the Modak Marzipan. An innovative creation of Nordic Kandie Magic, the modak fillings are made of fresh almonds from Iran and the outer covering is made from quality Belgian chocolate. You could also try their silver and gold modaks.
Location: Peddar Road
Image Source -Kanak's Kitchen
3. Diva Maharashtracha - Puranpoli is the best-selling delicacy at this Konkan restaurant during Ganeshotsav.
Location: Lokhandwala, Andheri.
4. Mi Marathi – The thalipeeth at Mi Marathi is worth trying.
Location: Opposite Ganesh Mandir, Vile Parle (E)
5. Aaswad - Piyush, a popular Maharashtrian drink, is best enjoyed at Aaswad. You could also try their range of desserts.
Location: Shivaji Park, Dadar. They offer a variety of Maharashtrian deserts.
Image source : myjhola.
So what are you waiting for? If you are planning to do some Ganesh pandal hopping then you must combine it with an eating out spree at one of these places!
Source of banner image: Craftsvilla
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe