The nine days of Navratri are dedicated to the myriad forms of Goddess Durga. Each day, she is said to dress in the colour that signifies the qualities she possesses and therefore, each day of the festival has a special colour.
This Navratri, we have something mouthwatering and colour-coded in store for you! We flag off the celebration with a delicious recipe in the colour of the day - yellow.
Yellow represents bravery and beauty, and can light up your mood. This semolina cake recipe uses saffron to get the lovely yellow colour and its taste is sure to boost your mood!
1. In a bowl, add melted butter and powdered sugar. Whisk continuously, till the mixture turns silky smooth.
2. Now add the rava and maida and additionally, add curd and half of the milk. Mix well and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
3. Next, add the saffron-infused milk. Add some more milk if the consistency of the batter is too thick.
4. Sieve in the baking powder and baking soda.
5. Mix well and transfer to a greased bowl/tin.
6. Add the almonds and put it in to bake.
7. Bake the cake at 160°C or for 15 minutes and then at 140°C for 30 minutes
8. Once the cake is cooled, cut into pieces and serve
9. The cake can be stored without refrigeration for 2-3 days.
Benefits of saffron:
All Images in this article are original and belong to the author. Reproducing them in any form without the permission of the author will not be allowed.
Also read: Recipe Alert! Sheer Korma Crème Brulé
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe
If you are reading this article on our website and have an Android phone, please download our APP here for a more personalised experience based on your lifestage