Orange is the colour of courage, exuberance and cheerfulness. Its bright hue reminds us of the rising sun and the start of something new. As a celebration to many bright days in your life, here’s presenting the gajar halwa, but with a crunchy twist.
1. In a kadhai, bring the milk to a boil. Add the grated carrots and let it cook well.
2. Add the cream and stir.
3. Keep stirring every 5 minutes. Once the milk has evaporated, add sugar.
4. Stir every 2 minutes till all the liquid has dried up.
5. Now add ghee and keep stirring it continuously for a minute. Ghee will add taste and also improve the colour.
6. Take it off the stove. Let it cool
7. To make the tarts, add maida to a bowl. Put the measured butter into the bowl. Now, using only the fingertips, incorporate the butter in the flour.
8. The texture should resemble that of breadcrumbs.
9. Now add cold water or melted ice little by little to help form the dough.
10. Chill the dough in the freezer for 15 minutes. Now, use butter paper or cellophane paper, cover the dough and flatten it out using your fingers. User cutter on a small bowl and cut out roundels.
11. Place these in the muffin tray and let them take the shape of the grooves of the muffin tray.
12. Use the fork and poke holes into the roundels. This is done to avoid the tart from fluffing up too much
13. Bake them in a preheated oven at 180°C for 15 mins
14. Once the tarts are done, cool them and add gajar halwa liberally into each tart.
15. Serve them hot or at room temperature.
Did you miss our recipe dedicated to the colour grey? Read it here.
Wait for tomorrow’s recipe that celebrates the colour white. What do you think the star ingredient will be? Tell us in comments.
All Images in this article are original and belong to the author. Reproducing them in any form without the permission of the author will not be allowed.
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe
If you are reading this article on our website and have an Android phone, please download our APP here for a more personalised experience based on your lifestage.