Annaprashan Recipe: Nendra Banana Halwa
Navratri is the occasion when many babies are introduced to their first solid food! If Annaprashan is on your mind then this recipe is a must-try! Made of the super nutritious Nendra banana, this dish is the perfect food for your little one to begin his/her weaning journey.
- 2 ripe Nendra bananas
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1+½ tablespoons ghee
1. Cut the banana into small pieces and make a paste out of it in a mixer without adding any water.
2. Cook the banana paste for 5-7 mins in half the quantity of ghee. Keep stirring continuously.
3. Add sugar while stirring and add the remaining ½ tablespoon of ghee.
4. Once the banana mix forms a glutenous mass and all the incorporated ghee begins to separate, take it off the stove
5. Put it on a plate greased with ½ tablespoon of ghee and let it cool.
6. Cut it into desired shapes and serve.
Benefits of Nendra banana
- This banana is of great nutritious value and it has a rich combination of energy giving elements, tissue building elements, proteins, vitamins and minerals.
- It is a wonderful nutritious diet for easy digestion, which prevents diarrhoea and worm trouble.
- The vitamins in bananas (particularly vitamins A, C, and E) can help protect your eyesight.
- Boiled and mashed banana is excellent for kids even from the age of 4 months.
All Images in this article are original and belong to the author. Reproducing them in any form without the permission of the author will not be allowed.
Also read: Fiery Red Stuffed Bell Pepper
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe
If you are reading this article on our website and have an Android phone, please download our APP here for a more personalised experience based on your lifestage.