Perfectly Pink Strawberry Flavoured Rajgira Burfi
It is said that on Ashtami, the Goddess wore pink and destroyed all the sins of time. So whoever thought pink is associated only with daintiness is mistaken. And speaking of pink when it comes to food, we have here the recipe for strawberry-flavoured Rajgira burfi, which will destroy any risk of osteoporosis in your body, because of its high calcium content. The perfect snack for all ages!
- 1 cup rajgira flour
- 4 tablespoon ghee
- 70 gms khoya
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- Pink salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons strawberry syrup
- 3-4 Almonds
1. Heat ghee in a kadhai. Add rajgira flour and cook it for 8-12 mins. Keep stirring evenly
2. Add the sugar and and pinch of pink salt
3. Once the sugar is incorporated, switch off the gas.
4. Now add khoya and mix well.
5. Add strawberry syrup leaving a little to glaze the burfi when cooled
6. Transfer the mix into a greased plate.
7. Let it cool completely, glaze the burfi with a brush, it will add to the pink colour.
8. Decorate with chopped almonds
9. Cut and serve.
Try our Annaprashan special recipe if you haven’t already. Do you have a recipe to celebrate the colour of Navami? Tell us in comments.
All Images in this article are original and belong to the author. Reproducing them in any form without the permission of the author will not be allowed.
Also read: Annaprashan Recipe: Nendra Banana Halwa
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe
If you are reading this article on our website and have an Android phone, please download our APP here for a more personalised experience based on your lifestage.
Read More On Baby