Stories Of Goddesses Who Live Amongst Us
“A strong woman looks a challenge dead in the eye and gives it a wink.” This Navratri, BabyChakra connected with not one, but nine strong women, and asked them to share their stories. It is these women who embody the true spirit of Navratri by displaying immense shakti of mind, body and spirit. As we celebrate the colours of Navratri, let’s celebrate the colours of courage of these inspiring women. Read their stories here if you haven’t already!
Johannah lost her 19-month-old son all of a sudden. But she rose above the sadness, and lives her life despite the void in her heart.
- Would anyone willingly adopt a child suffering a disability? Kavita Baluni did and does not have any regrets.
- Revathi drove a cab for 10 months on the streets of Mumbai. Now, she heads India’s first all-women startup!
- Managing a baby and a career is definitely not easy.CEO of The Label Life, Preeta Sukhtankar had the guts to start a company and adopted a child at the same time!
- Life’s situations demanded that she be bound to a wheelchair. But she dreamt of setting her spirit free! Meet Priya, Miss Wheelchair India 2015
- Shalini’s leg fell off right in front of her! But this did not stop her from running marathons!
- Namitha managed to bring up her child who was suffering from a rare disease that too in a different city. How did she do it?
- Jyoti was ill-treated as a child and suffered an abusive marriage. Medical negligence made her contract HIV, but that did not stop her from moving on. What a woman!
These women make our everyday problems sound so tiny! Let’s take a leaf out of their books and take on life. Know any strong women you would like us to feature? Get in touch with us!
Explore the entire collection of articles: Real Mom Stories
If you are reading this article on our website and have an Android phone, please download our APP here for a more personalised experience based on your lifestage.