Playful Purple Beet Pachadi With Khasta Roti
Purple is often associated with royalty, but this rich colour has a playful side to it as well. Today’s recipe is different, nutritious yet easy to make and showcases the fun-loving side of this colour perfectly. Try it and share your views with us!
- 2 tablespoon beetroot, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 5 tablespoons curd
- 1 tablespoon coriander, chopped
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp ajwain
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon ghee
1. Beat the curd in a bowl and add to it grated beets, onions, coriander and salt.
2. For the roti, make a dough by mixing the wheat flour with hot ghee, cumin, ajwain and fennel seeds. Next, add salt. Add water as required
3. Roll out a roundel, dip it in ghee and flatten. Poke holes on it using a fork and cut the roti into 4 pieces.
4. In hot pa, cook the rotis for 2-3 minutes on each side on medium heat
5. Serve it with the pachadi
Did you try out our perfectly pink dessert yesterday? Stay tuned for a special Dussehra recipe tomorrow!
All Images in this article are original and belong to the author. Reproducing them in any form without the permission of the author will not be allowed.
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe
If you are reading this article on our website and have an Android phone, please download our APP here for a more personalised experience based on your lifestage
Read More On Baby