Dussehra Special: Delectable Dates Kheer Recipe
It’s Dussehra, the day we celebrate the victory of good over evil. On this day, we also thank our families, friends and even our tools for being there for us. Isn’t being grateful to everyone a sweet thought? To add to the sweetness of the celebrations, here’s the recipe for a kheer, sweetened with dates!
- ½ litre milk
- 10-12 dates, de-seeded chopped and made into a fine paste
- 2 tablespoons rice, washed and soaked for 20 mins, strained it and dried using a paper towel
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 3-5 almonds, slivered
1. Heat the milk and bring it to a boil
2. Put the rice in a mortar and pestle, roughly powder it
3. Add this to the milk. Next, add the date paste.
4. Let it simmer for 10-15 mins and then add sugar
5. Cook for two more minutes till the consistency thickens then add the chopped almonds
6. The kheer is ready to be served.
Happy Dussehra to up all of you. We hope you enjoyed trying all the recipes through the nine days of Navratri. Tell us in the comments below!
All Images in this article are original and belong to the author. Reproducing them in any form without the permission of the author will not be allowed.
Also read: Playful Purple Beet Pachadi With Khasta Roti
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe
If you are reading this article on our website and have an Android phone, please download our APP here for a more personalised experience based on your lifestage
Read More On Baby