Winters are going to be here and there’s nothing better than digging into some buttery and spicy food to warm you up. Here’s the perfect recipe for your next big family dinner or high tea. Enjoy!
For the Pav:
- Wheat flour, 2 1/2 cups
- olive oil, 2 tbsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- sugar 2tsp
- dry yeast powder 2tsp
- Herbs - Italian basil,oregano,thyme,mixed herbs ,some chilli flakes.
- Add the yeast and sugar in warm milk and let it rest for 5-10 min.
- Combine the dry ingredients like flour, salt and herbs in a bowl
- Add oil to the dry mixture. mix properly.
- Make a smooth dough with the help of the yeast milk. if required, add a bit warm water to make the dough
- Let it set for 2-3 hours. Cover dough properly.After 2-3 hours dough will be double in size.
- Preheat the oven at 200 degree Celsius.
- Take some dough and make a roll. Place the roll in a baking tray and place it the preheated oven. Bake.for 20 mins.
Yay! Herb Pav is Ready!
For the Green Chutney :
- 2 Tomatoes
- 5-6 pieces of green onion
- 1 cup Coriander
- ½ cup mint
- 6,7 Green chillies
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp Sea salt
Simple. Add all ingredients in a mixer jar.If required, add some water and grind properly.
The Chutney is ready!
- Pick whatever vegetables you want. I add pumpkin,bottle gourd,carrot and potato. You also can add beans,peas,capsicum etc.
First, boil all the vegetables with 1 tsp of salt and and a little bit of water. Mash properly
- Chopped tomatoes 2-3
- Chopped onion 2-3
- green chilli 2-3, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- Red chilli powder, according to taste
- Turmeric powder 1tsp
- Coriander powder 1-2 tsp
- Cumin powder 1 tsp
- Saunf powder 1 tsp
- pav bhaji masala 2-3 tsp
- oil 2 tbsp
- Salt, according to taste
Note: You can adjust the spices according to your taste.
- Take a pan and add oil. When the oil heats, up add the ginger garlic paste. Saute well.
- Now add chopped onion and fry till translucent
- Add all the spices and chopped green chilles. Saute well.
- Next add chopped tomatoes and saute well till the oil separates
- Now add all mashed vegetables and mix properly
- Cook for 10-15 min with covered lid.
- Bhaji is ready. Serve with some butter and butter roasted herb pav. For extra spice, the chutney is a good addition as well
Loved the recipe? Let me know in comments what you liked most about this! If you would like me to try some kind of a special recipe
Also read: Herbed Daliya Daal Pulao
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe
If you are reading this article on our website and have an Android phone, please download our APP here for a more personalised experience based on your lifestage.