Weekly Meal Plans #Week1 Toddlers
BabyChakra is happy to announce weekly meal plans for toddlers! All of us know that toddlers have a mind of their own! So here’s a plan that will hopefully, appeal, to those picky taste buds.
The meal plans have been put together by Healthy Eating Habit Expert Deepti Arora and she has made sure that there is a good combination of health, taste and lots of yumminess in there.
So go on and try them. Don’t forget to tell us how the little one liked it!
Deepti has a few things for you to consider.
Toddlers can be really choosy sometimes and fussy in their choices and pick only food that they are comfortable with. A few easy and simple daily practices, will help you grapple with your meal time worries:
- Serve food in modest sized plates
- Keep mealtimes a pleasant experience
- Be consistent with meal timings, for stability and regularity
- Make vegetables and fruit your family’s default snack
- Involve your child in preparing and serving food
- Try different cooking methods - raw, roasting, baking, that can bring out veggie flavors
Mix Veg Parathas with curd
- Knead dough with grounded flaxseeds.
- Grate carrots, zucchini, cabbage. Squeeze water out. Add little masala according to taste and fresh coriander
- Make Parathas using ghee
- Serve with homemade curd
Soya Daal Parathas - Lunch
- Soak soya granules for half an hour
- Cook Chana daal as usual and put aside
- Knead the dough with soaked granules, chana daal, ground flaxseeds, kasoori methi, salt
- Make parathas with ghee and serve with home made curd
Paneer Veggie Walnut sized balls
- Take grated paneer, zucchini and carrots
- Mix well with fresh coriander, little masala, salt and half spoon ketchup. Add boiled potato
- Deep fry (butter/olive oil/ghee) on a non stick griddle.You can bake it too
- Soak chana overnight and boil it in the morning
- Take garlic, lemon and paprika
- In a blender, add chana with a little water, 1 clove garlic, paprika and lemon
- Blend until smooth
- Add a spoon of Tahini and blend again
- Serve with lots of olive oil on top and cucumber sticks
- Take grated Broccoli with a little bit of pepper and grated cheese
- Fill in the flaxseed kneaded dough and make parathas with ghee
- Serve with homemade curd.
Rice-Moong Daal Idli
- Soak rice, moong dal and fenugreek seeds in a deep bowl with enough water for 5 to 6 hours
- Drain and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste using little water
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add carrots, salt and mix well
- Just before steaming, add fruit salt to the batter and pour 2 tsp of water over it
- When bubbles form, mix gently
- Put a little batter into each greased idli mould and steam for 10 minutes or till the idlis are cooked
- Cool slightly, demould and serve immediately.
- Boil chicken breast with big cardamom and bay leaves until the natural oil comes out
- Shred the breast (half) and mix with clear soup
- Take out the cardamom and bay leaves
- Serve warm
- Boil yellow pumpkin with cinnamon
- Grind it and boil for some more time. Add 1/4 cup coconut milk.
- Add salt and pepper and adjust consistency
- Serve warm
Happy Cooking and Happy Eating!
Explore the entire collection of articles: Kiddy Kitchen (Toddlers)
#weeklymealplans #deeptiarora #mealplans #toddlermealplans