Meal Plans: Week 2 (Toddlers)
Welcome to Week 2 of Kiddy Kitchen! And we are back with some more interesting new recipes for your little ones!
The meal plans have been put together by Healthy Eating Habits Expert Deepti Arora who knows exactly what excites a toddler’s palate and how to serve it!
Deepti has some advice for you:
Feeding is not just about food. It also offers an opportunity to establish a bond between mother and child. Giving the child undivided attention while feeding encourages intake. So however you feed your baby, try to make it an interaction between the two of you and enjoy the bonding!
Apple Cheddar Sandwich
- Take freshly baked bread /whole wheat bread and add butter
- Place cheddar cheese slices
- Place very thin slices of apple
- Cover, cut into four or six pieces and serve
- Boil spinach. Grind it with walnuts, parmesan cheese, olive oil, salt and pepper until smooth and creamy
- Boil pasta and pour the green sauce
*In chicken pasta, add cooked chicken chunks
Daal and Methi Stuffed Parathas + Rice Pudding
- Soak rice for one hour
- Boil cow milk in a pan, put cardamom powder
- Add soaked rice and sim boil for 15 minutes
- Put 2 spoons of custard powder (mixed with water). Add half milkmaid and half desi sugar
- Garnish with nuts powder when completely cooked
- Serve warm
Almond Energy Bites
- Add almonds, dates, cocoa powder, shredded coconut, vanilla essence to a food processor and blend until the nuts are well chopped and a thick “dough” starts to form
- When the ingredients are well incorporated, remove the blade from the food processor
- Take 1 large tablespoon of the “dough” and roll it into a ball in between your hands.
- Repeat with remaining dough. Sprinkle with a little shredded coconut if desired.
- Store them in the fridge and serve when required
Egg Sandwich /Paneer
- Fork mash egg /paneer with mayo or cream cheese
- Add finely chopped capsicum salt and pepper.
- Spread evenly on both sides of the bread. Cut into four and serve
Zucchini Carrot Bars
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine all purpose flour, baking powder and ginger
- In another large bowl, stir together the eggs, (water squeezed) carrots, zucchini, brown sugar, raisins, oil, honey, and vanilla.
- Pat carrots and zucchini in a paper towel before adding in mixture
- Add the carrot mixture to the flour, stirring just until combined
- Spread the batter in a greased baking pan
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean
- Cool in the pan, and then cut into bars
- Store in an airtight container
Explore the entire collection of articles: Kiddy Kitchen (Toddlers)
#weeklymealplans #deeptiaroa #mealplans #toddlermealplans