With the advent of T’s first year molars, he has discovered the joy of the ultimate crunch –CHIPS! Mamma ‘cheeps, cheeps’ he says and this mamma really had to put her thinking cap on, to give into this ‘CHEEPS’ demand of his. So here it is, my experiments with veggies and turing them into chips! Some are crunchy, some not as much, but all in all they’re baked, healthy and delicious.
So, here’s Introducing ‘The 7 Healthy Chips Week’.
I am kicking day one with our family favourite. The Parmesan Crusted Spinach Chips.
1. A few whole leaves of Spinach
2. 1 Teaspoon Olive oil
3. Parmesan cheese, shredded
4. A sprinkle of salt if you are using unsalted Parmesan
1. Wash thoroughly the whole spinach leaves. Stem included.
2. Dry well with a kitchen towel
3. Rub the seasoning and olive oil onto the leaves
4. Sprinkle the shredded Parmesan on top
5. Sprinkle a pinch of salt if you are using unsalted Parmesan
6. Pop into the oven for about 10 – 12 mins on 200°C
7. Flip them over once to avoid burning
8. Remove from oven once they have started to crisp and let them rest
All photographs in this article are original and contributed by author.