Between Career And Mommyhood - What Should I Pick?
As a young girl, one tends to have dreams galore. Some stem out of excitement, some stem out of ambition while some stem out of the need for fulfilment. With time, girls turn into women and these dreams take another track. We begin to dream of marriage, a spouse and a household and gradually, kids.
At least, overtime, we tend to wonder how to tackle the professional and the personal dimensions together? Me for one, had a tough time tackling the two initially, right after getting hitched. While marriage was a wonderful deal, some professional stature had to go off—atleast for some time. However, the next stage – pregnancy and gradual mommyhood- are difficult for me to take a clear call over.
Notwithstanding the fact that I work-from-home my choices from now on are bound to get tougher.
Atleast for work-from-home professionals, there is nothing tougher than handling a career while pregnancy and post the same. The worst bane Indian work-from-home moms face is being taken for granted. No con-call or meeting is deemed worthy enough. There are times, when you actually feel that you need to take breaks from work to ensure that the parantha is cooked just right.
What I did to appease my responsibilities at home and work?
- Well, for starters, I revamped my work targets. Sketchy though this sounds, I had no choice but to ensure that my work targets are designed differently.
- Ensure that your basics are met and change your savings plan.
- Design a plan that meets your kids’ daily schedule.
- Involve your life partner in your career—help him understand your goals and see what support he can meet out.
- Prioritize your goals. In case mummy-hood is important, get a nanny and monitor her instead of giving up work totally.
The main point to understand when balancing mummy-hood with work is that you need to understand the fine balance of things. Giving your kids time is important but do it in ways that your career does not go for a toss.
This article is an entry for BLOG-A-THON.
Also Read - 6 Things Every Working Mother Should Do
Explore the entire collection of articles: Career & Baby
#workingmom #sahm #blogathon