Tender Coconut Milkshake Recipe
A lot of people find the taste of tender coconut water to be quite bland and this delectable drink called Tender Coconut Milkshake is definitely a way of upping its taste quotient.
Tender Coconut water or Nariyal ka paani, is considered to be a very healthy drink for it is a natural source of electrolytes, calcium, potassium, magnesium, amino acids and sodium. After water, this is the purest form of drink found and is highly beneficial for the body and skin. It’s so pure and has no side effect, that’s why even babies and pregnant ladies are advised to consume tender coconut water.
We mostly begin our day with this yummy beverage and at times consume as a late night drink while enjoying a movie. During hot weather, tender coconut is something you should make a daily part of your diet because it beneficial in maintaining the water levels of the body and regulating the body heat.
This drink is also a great party mocktail; you can combine fruits like mango, strawberry to make a medley.
Tender Coconut Milkshake
Makes 1 glass of milkshake
- 1 cup fresh coconut meat (malai)
- 1 cup tender coconut water
- ¼ cup vanilla ice cream or milk cream (malai) or fresh processed cream
- 2 tablespoons Honey or sugar, as sweetener
- Ice cubes
Step 1 - Finely chop tender coconut meat (malai). Reserve a spoon for garnish and put the remaining in the blender jar of a mixer – grinder.
(insert fresh coconut malai image)
Step 2 - Pour the coconut water, honey or sugar, ice cubes and ice cream.
(insert blending coconut milkshake)
Step 3 - Blend the mixture on a high speed till you get a smooth and creamy milkshake.
Step 4 - Pour in a glass, top with reserved coconut malai and consume immediately.
- This is NOT a make ahead drink. Please extract coconut water minutes before making the milkshake because the water tends to get sour on storing for a long duration.
- 1 medium sized tender coconut’s water and meat is ideal to make 1 serve of the milkshake.
- You could use flavoured ice creams like mango, chocolate, rose, etc to make yummy combinations.
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe