4 Weaning Soup Recipes
Winters are the best time to enjoy soups! Soups are liked by all, children or adults. Most of us struggle to feed our babies after we start weaning. Honestly, I am one of the moms struggling to make my baby eat.
Soups to the rescue!
Soups can be introduced to baby for a change. Also, they act as saviours when baby is down with cough and cold and refusing milk too.
Here are some recipes which I have tried for my baby. Hope your baby enjoys these too!
1. Tomato Soup
- Ripe Tomatoes
- Black Pepper Powder
- Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
- Now, the skin can be easily removed.
- Remove the skin and blend the tomatoes in a grinder.
- Now, you can heat a little bit with butter/ghee and black pepper powder and serve steaming hot!
(If you haven’t before, introduce black pepper slowly)
2. Beetroot and Carrot soup
- Black pepper powder
- Peel and chop beetroot and carrot into small pieces.
- Pressure cook for 3-4 whistles.
- Now, blend it and add butter/ghee at this stage as it's warm.
- You can strain the soup if baby is just starting on solids, else you can give directly.
- Add black pepper powder and serve.
(Give this soup only if baby has been introduced to carrots and beetroot individually before)
3. Palak Daal Soup
- Fresh Palak
- Moong Daal
- Wash palak well and chop finely.
- Soak moong dal and wash it.
- Chop tomatoes finely.
- Now pressure cook moong daal and palak and tomato along with a pinch of turmeric powder for 4-5 whistles.
- Add ghee and mash well.
- You can give it directly if mashed well or can blend and serve.
4. Rice Soup
- Brown Rice
- Soak brown rice for 15 minutes.
- In a pan, add rice and water and let it cook.
- Once rice is done mash well while it's hot.
- Now, take out some rice along with water.
- Add ghee and serve hot.
Try these this winter and let me know which one your baby loved the most!
Disclaimer: If you are just introducing your child to solids, it is recommended that you try an ingredient, check for allergies and introduce it in the child’s diet only after that.
Explore the entire collection of articles: Baby Foods
#postbangayaarticle #weaningsoups #soups #souprecipes #sonampatel