How To Introduce Feeding Bottle To Your Baby
This is one concern which almost every mom has to go through.
I introduced the bottle to my daughter when she was 40 days as I had no one to help me with my household chores.
Although I would still suggest everyone to breastfeed exclusively for 6 months and if baby is latching properly, there is no need to Introduce bottle but enjoy the breastfeeding session
There can be various reasons, why a mom wants to adapt the baby for bottle feeding:
- The Mom is joining work back
- The Baby has latching issues
- Personal choice
Things to keep in mind before introducing bottles -
- The bottle should be bpa ( bisphenol chemical) free.
- Always buy good quality branded bottles.
- The teat; should be number 1 that means 0 -3 months nipple even if you introducing bottle to a 6 month for the first time, as baby needs to get used to the bottle feeding movements.
- The nipple should have peristaltic flow
- Sterilize the bottle before giving it to the baby..
- Check the temperature of milk on your palm before giving it to the baby. Gradually, you will get to know the comfortable temperature; for feeding..
Now there would be babies who would take a bottle without any issues. But then we have the fussy babies who will reject the bottle How to deal with them?
Here are few quick tips :
- Always introduce the bottle in the evening. The logic is as the energy goes down for the baby, the baby may not refuse the bottle that dominantly ..
- Always start with a small amount of 30 ml. Let the baby establish the feed
- The baby may cry and ask for breast in this case, let someone else feed the baby through bottle.
- Introduce the bottle, once baby is distracted by some noise in the surrounding
Explore the entire collection of articles: Baby Care