Easy Masala Roti Recipe
Try this simple masala roti recipe for your kids, they are super nutritious (no doubt) and are easy to prepare using simple readily available ingredients.
Masala Roti Recipe
1. Makes 6 to 8 medium sized rotis
2. 1 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
3. 1 small onion, finely chopped
4. 1 small green chilli, finely minced (add only if your child can handle the chilli else replace with mild chilli powder)
5. Handful of fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
6. A pinch of Turmeric powder
7. Salt – as per taste
Step 1: Mix onion, green chilli, coriander, turmeric powder and salt in a bowl.
Step 2 : Take the wheat flour and start to knead the dough with 2 tablespoons of oil, add the vegetable mixture and knead using water.
Step 3: Once the dough is ready taste it for salt and keep aside, covered, for 10 minutes.
Step 4: Divide the dough into 8 balls. Roll each ball into a medium sized roti. If you want to make smiley rotis then cut them using the cookie cutter. Cook the rotis on a hot grilled, but on a slow flame on both sides till light spots appear. Smear oil on both sides before taking off the griddle. Serve immediately or transfer to a container.
TIP : You can add finely grated carrots, cauliflower or cabbage to the dough, to make it even more healthier. Powdered rolled oats or soya granules can also be added.
Till then, love Being a Mommy!
Also read more about: Sweet & Savoury Masala Dalia
All photographs in this article are original and contributed by author.
Read More On Baby