This Holi, Make Instant Rava Barfi At Home!
Everyone in my family has a sweet tooth. May be a small bite of something healthy, but we need something sweet after meals almost daily.
There are so many options available in the market, but one you can't consume heavy sweets every day and second home cooked sweets are customized, hygienically prepared with good quality ingredients and even healthy.
I am sharing one of my favorite Instant Barfi recipe. This is really easy to prepare during festivals and even when guests are expected. Holi is round the corner so one can prepare this barfi and store it.
Ingredients (For 12-15 pieces):
1 cup Semolina or Rava
1/4 cup Besan
1/4 cup Ghee
2.25 cups Milk
Few strands of Kesar
1 cup Sugar (can be adjusted as per taste)
1/4 cup Dryfruit Powder (Almonds, Cashews)
1 tsp Elaichi powder
Pistachio for garnish
- Take a kadai and heat ghee in it. To this add Rava and Besan one by one and roast till it is golden brown and smells good.
- Side by side, keep milk for boiling and add kesar to it.
- When Rava mixture is just about roasted, add nuts powder and elaichi powder. Switch off the gas and stir to mix everything well.
- Now add sugar to the mixture and then mix and add milk slowly and stir.
- Keep stirring till a semi solid consistency is achieved and the mixture starts leaving the sides.
- Pour the mixture to a greased plate with sides and let it cool. Garnish with pistachio's.; You can also keep in the fridge for a few minutes.
Cut the Barfi into pieces and enjoy it!!
Also read: A Shirt That Can be Eaten!
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe