Chatpata Cravings, Mum-To-Be? Try This
- Half litre water
- Tamarind (Khatta) - sufficient for half litre water (4 to 5 strands)
- 1.5 spoon turmeric powder
Ingredients to be grounded to a paste:
- Around 3 cm Ginger
- 4 to 5 pieces of Garlic
- 1.5 spoon Black pepper Powder
- 2 Dry red chillies
- 1.5 spoon cumin seeds
- Half an onion chopped into small pieces
- Some Coriander Leaves chopped
- Firstly dip tamarind strands into half litre water and keep it aside for at least half an hour.
- Then grind only 1 red chilly, some chopped coriander leaves and other ingredients as mentioned above to a paste.
- Take a saucepan, put some oil and add the paste to it.
- Add turmeric powder to it and let the paste, cook for a minute or so till it starts leaving the oil away.
- Meanwhile, squeeze the dipped tamarind well and take it off from water.
- Now add the Khatta Paani into the saucepan. Add salt accordingly and let the water boil for a minute.
Your Khatta Paani is ready. Garnish it with some chopped coriander leaves and serve it hot!
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe