Easy Dessert Idea For Holi: Homemade Milk Barfi
Holi is around the corner and everyone is preparing for the festival of colors.
Days before the festival, the roofs as covered with papad that are drying in the sun, dadi's and nani's making dry snacks quite typical around Holi time.
Last year my son had a discovery about Holi and he was just so in love with the colors. As a mother that was one of the joyous moments for me. This year I plan to make it special for him
This recipes is for busy mamas like me who have little or no time for extravagant preparations. It's a simple Burfi recipe for which you need 7 ingredients and 15 mins and dessert is sorted. You might even be tempted to leave it till the last minute to make; but do try it.
- 1/4 Cup Ghee/Clarified Butter
- 3/4 cup full fat milk
- 2 & 1/2 cups Milk Powder/Dry Milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder/Elaichi powder
- 2 tbsp almonds chopped
- 2 tbsp pistachios chopped
- Grease a square baking pan or a glass pan to set the fudge/burfi. You can also use a parchment paper on the bottom and grease the sides.
- In a non stick pan heat ghee/clarified butter.
- Now add the milk, sugar and milk powder. Mix thoroughly until no lumps are left and sugar is dissolved.
- At this stage keep stirring and in about 4-5 min the mixture will start to thicken.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- It will start to become thick like a dough.
- Do not over cook otherwise it will become chewy.
- Now immediately pour this on to a greased pan and straighten the top.
- Now sprinkle the almonds and pistachios and with the help of a spatula or a katori press them gently to the burfi/fudge so that it sticks well.
- After the burfi has cooled down completely cut into equal squared. Serve.
- You can store these in an airtight container for about a week.
Also read: Play A Safe Holi With These Homemade Colors
Explore the entire collection of articles: Colour of Holi#recipe #homemadebarfi