Multigrain Gujiya Biscuits: Holi Special
This Holi season we bring you Baked Multigrain Gujiya Biscuits to rock your Holi Party. While the fried Gujiyas will be all over the place so we thought why not to give it a little twist this season.
So then we tried to experiment a bit with the base flour and made it multigrain and the filling too was with homemade cottage cheese or paneer instead of khoya. This was loved at my place and since I used bake as well as my grill to get that little brown color , it just worked perfectly even for tea time snacks. If you want this healthy delight , trust me this Multigrain Gujiya Biscuits don't take much time.
- Whole wheat flour: 2 tbsp
- Ragi flour: 1 tbsp
- Rajgira flour : 1 tbsp
- Refined flour: 2 tbsp
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Paneer: 1/2 cup grated
- Almond powder: 1 tbsp
- Grated coconut: 2 tbsp
- Ghee: 1/2 tsp
- Grounded sugar: 2 tsp
- Cardamom powder: 1 tsp
- Mix all the flours with some oil and mix well.
- Next add little water and make a soft dough and cover with a damn cloth and keep aside.
- In a pan heat little ghee and roast coconut for 2-3 mins and next add paneer and cook for another 2 mins.
- Now put off the flame and add sugar and cardamom.
- Take a small piece of dough and make small rotis or can use cookie cutter to cut them.
- Put some water around the sides and stuff the coconut and paneer mixture and close it in form of semi circle.
- With a fork close the sides.
- Preheat over and grease the plate and then keep the gujiyas on it and smear some oil with a brush.
- Bake for 10 mins and then grill for 2-3 mins.
- These go well with evening tea or snacks.
Also read: Play A Safe Holi With These Homemade Colors
Explore the entire collection of articles: Colour of Holi#festivefood #holispecial #gujiyarecipe