5 Tips To Healthy Skin For Mums!
"Being a Mum is …. oh! So easy", Said No One Ever. But what's easy is to forget yourself as a woman and an individual and only think of yourself as a mother. Often it happens that as a mum we get so engaged in taking care of our li'l munchkins that we often forget to take care of ourselves or rather don't get time to look after ourselves… We tend to ignore our skin, body, hair, clothes, health and basically everything.
If time is the biggest constraint, how about somebody telling you that looking after yourself is not such a big task but only requires some motivation and help. Let's start with some skin care tips that you can conveniently follow and get healthy skin
1. Follow the CTM routine twice a day- Don't worry, I am not talking about any half an hour ritual and rather it's just a five minute process to be done in morning and at night. CTM refers to cleansing, toning and moisturizing. Make sure to use the products suitable to your skin type. Never skip the night routine as most of the skin cell repair and regeneration happens at night. Night creams are rich in active regeneration agents.
2. Using a Sunscreen during day time- Sunscreen is must for day time and SPF of minimum 30 is required if you are occasionally exposed to sun and SPF 50 is a necessity for prolonged exposure to sun. Sun exposure leads to pigmentation, appearance of dark spots and dilation of small blood capillaries all leading to uneven skin tone.
3. Don't sleep with makeup on- When you put on makeup (that is if you get a chance…), don't forget to take it off. Makeup clogs the pores and prevent skin to be able to breathe at night. Removing makeup and following CTM is one of the important step before going to bed.
4. Drink at least 3-4 liters of water a day- Cannot stress on this anymore but it's the best thing you can do for your skin, hair and body. Water helps in eliminating the toxins from your body and keep your skin healthy and trouble free.
5. Eat food rich in antioxidants- Antioxidants are chemicals that help in repair of cell damage that takes place in skin as well as rest of our organs. Some of these are- Tomatoes, berries, cherries, plums, peaches, spinach, corn, bell peppers etc.