Lunch Box Idea: Pumpkin Paneer Paratha
Pumpkin Paneer Paratha is one amazing way of adding nutrition to your family's breakfast or lunch box. When I tried these Pumpkin Paneer Paratha for the first time , I never expected they would turn out to be so yummy. Infact, the added nutrition from vegetable stock was an icing on the top. So this has become one of my favorite lunch box menu for my son and then forget about anything else. Not to mention that it’s easy to finish too as a roll and you wouldn't have leftovers coming back.
What is interesting that this is made with red pumpkin and that gives a nice sweetness as well as moistness to the paratha and that keep the Pumpkin Paneer Paratha soft for hours and that just works well for family. So let’s get straight to the happy cooking here.
- Wheat flour: 1 cup
- Pumpkin: 1 cup grated
- Ginger garlic paste: 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida: 1 pinch
- Cumin powder: 1 tsp
- Salt: as per taste
- Vegetable stock: 1/2 cup
- Onion: 1 chopped
- Paneer : 1 cup grated
- Coriander leaves: 1 tbsp
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Heat oil and add cumin seeds, asafoetida, pumpkin, salt and cumin powder and cook covered for 10 mins till its done.
- Knead wheat flour with some salt , cooked pumpkin and vegetable stock and keep it aside.
- Mix grated paneer, salt, cumin powder and coriander leaves.
- Now make small balls of the dough and stuff some paneer and roll parathas and then with 1 tsp oil cook it in a flat pan.
- Serve hot with chutney and fresh yoghurt.
Explore the entire collection of articles: Tasty Recipes For Toddlers#tastyrecipesfortoddlers