Mushroom Broccoli Pasta In A Creamy Sauce
- 2 cups pasta (fusilli, macaroni and spaghetti go well)
- Thinly sliced veggies (1 onions,1 small capsicum)
- 5-6 chopped garlic cloves
- 1/2 broccoli cut in florets
- 7-8 mushrooms
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chilli flakes to taste (optional)
- 1 tablespoon oregano or mixed herbs
- 4 tablespoons tomato sauce or puree (optional)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (can be increased)
- 2 tablespoon cream (can be increased)
- Boil the pasta with some oil and salt. Keep it little undercooked. Strain it and also add some normal water and strain to keep it a little undercooked
- In a pan, boil some water and add broccoli florets and mushrooms and strain after few minutes. This helps remove all the dirt from them. Later chop the mushrooms.
- In a wok or pan, add oil and butter. When hot, add garlic and saute. Now, add onions and saute on high flame till they cook a little. Then add capsicum and broccoli and saute for a minute. Now, add mushrooms and again saute for a minute.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Add tomato puree and chili flakes and cook for few seconds. Now add the pasta and mix well.
- Add mayo, cream and oregano and mix well. (I have used less cream and mayo to keep it light, you can use more to make the colour white and more creamy. You can also avoid tomato sauce or puree.)
You can garnish this with more pepper, cilantro and oregano. Also you can grate some cheese on it and bake a little or have just like that.
You can add more veggies in it but suggestion is to avoid so that they don't overpower the taste of mushrooms and broccoli.
Disclaimer: The photograph in this article is original and belong to the author. Reproducing it in any form without the permission of the author will not be allowed.
Also read: Broccoli Roti Quesadilla
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe
#funrecipes #recipe #pastarecipe