Summer Dessert Delight: Mango Kheer
We got Mangoes!! My son’s excitement was real high when he saw a bag full of farm grown mangoes from our home town. Yes my inlaws had come over from lucknow and got us some ripe, aromatic fruits enough to make us all feel like little kids. In a city like Mumbai where we hardly get to see Mango trees the sight of so many Mangoes without any chemical around it was blissful.
Now the challenge was what to do with so many Mangoes and that’s when I was back in action. I thought of preparing Mango Kheer and it being my first time, didn’t tell anyone about the same. Well preparation was easy, if you take care of sugar content and also that you add mango pulp only once the kheer is ready. Turn off the flame before you add the pulp and cinnamon just goes well with the flavor of Mango but incase you want to use cardamom feel free do so.
This indeed was a good experiment and when I finally revealed at the dinner table about Mango Kheer everyone had that not so confident look on the face but soon it turned out to be one happy family meal.Incase you want to try out something different this season Mango Kheer is a must try.
- Mango: 1 cut in cubes
- Mango Pulp: 2 cups
- Milk: ½ liter
- Milkmaid: ½ cup
- Cinnamon powder: ½ tsp
- Almonds: sliced
- Rice: ¼ cup soaked in water
- Pour milk in a wok and let it boil.
- Add rice and let it cook with milk till its soft.
- Mix milkmaid in the milk and cook it further till it reduces to half and is thick.
- Put the flame off and add Mango pulp and cinnamon powder and mix it well.
- Pour it in serving bowl and garnish it with mango cubes and almonds and serve it chilled.
Also read: Top 5 Mango Desserts To Relish This Summer
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe#recipe #dessertrecipe #funrecipes #recipe #dessertrecipe #funrecipes