Mango Lovers, Try This Mango Curry Recipe!
- 8–10 Mangoes (Small Ripe Wild)
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- A sprig of Leaves
- Half Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 10-12 Peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon Fenugreek (Seeds)
- 5 Red Chillies
- 1/2 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 3-4 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Onions (Medium , sliced)
- 2 Tablespoons Jaggery
- 2 Tablespoons Tamarind Juice (optional)
- Coconut milk 1 cup
- Water (as required)
- Salt (to taste)
- Peel the mangoes and set aside. Squeeze the mango skins and collect all the juice in another bowl.
- In a pan, dry roast peppercorns, fenugreek seeds, red chillies, coriander seeds and cumin seeds till brown.
- Grind together the roasted spices, garlic and onions with a bit of water till smooth.
- Heat oil in a pan and add curry leaves, mustard seed and add the grounded mixture along with turmeric.
- Add mangoes, juice from the skins, a cup of coconut milk, jaggery and salt. Bring this to a boil and simmer for 5-10 minutes till the gravy thickens slightly. Taste and add more tamarind or jaggery as required
Serve hot with some steamed rice or dosa
It's an authentic Mangalorean/Kerala style ripe mango curry which is a must try, if you love combining sweet savoury flavours This is a unique recipe from Southern India for every mango love.
Disclaimer: The photograph in this article is original and belong to the author. Reproducing it in any form without the permission of the author will not be allowed.
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe
#funrecipes #Recipe #Mangorecipe