16 Mar 2015 | 6 min Read
Tanya Khubchandani Vatsa
Author | 28 Articles
It has to be fun to raise a naughty kid who’s able to keep you perpetually entertained. Of course, I say that with only nine months of first-hand experience but with the knowledge that I was naughty as hell as a kid (I can’t vouch that I grew out of it.) However, my mother must have wished this on me – as it’s payback time. My baby is one of those that is just born naughty, and so far, it’s been one giggle of a ride… (Though I can only anticipate how terrible the terrible twos and probably ones and threes will be!) Here are some ways I know I’m in big trouble, and that could help give you a heads up too for naughty baby activities.
A variety of children’s activities can cause temper tantrums, emotional outbursts, and sudden bad or unexpected conduct. These can include biological factors such as hunger or exhaustion. They can also be emotional, such as an inability to cope with or describe their emotions.
There are a few easy ways to follow to assist you to deal with your baby naughty activities. Here are some suggestions for coping with your naughty children’s activities.
Don’t take everything seriously your child says. Set boundaries and don’t place all responsibility for determining what he needs. If he throws tantrums, be firm but gentle, and inform him that such behaviour will not earn him what he wants.
Don’t treat your children differently every day. If you are strict one day and lenient the next, your child will not take you seriously.
Don’t tell your killer everything they should do. Allow their limited freedom to dress or decide how to consume their milk.
Watching cartoons indefinitely can cause agitation in kids that can further cause them to become overstimulated and prone to misbehaviour. As a result, place limits on how long your kids can watch TV or play computer games.
Don’t lose your temper at your child. This is counterproductive because it will temporarily stop his tantrum, but he will learn to imitate you in the future.
17 Naughty things All Babies Do
1. Your baby gets a giggle out of blowing raspberries endlessly. Note: He is the one blowing them on me!
2. You find yourself covered in suspicious hickeys that your spouse didn’t give you.
3. Your little one giggles at his farts because, of course, he knows it’s terrible!
4. Your baby spits (not spit up, I mean projectile spit) when it’s done eating .. on your face!
5. Your little one makes sure that you (and the bathroom) are as wet as they are when you give them a bath (and sitting/ standing outside the tub, mind you.)
6. Chases after your pets just so they can pull their tails, tongues, ears or even skin. (For a while, this was the only thing motivating Riaan to crawl, but don’t worry, there’s no cruelty going on under my roof- Coco has been taught to run away if I’m not able to intercept when that bratty gleam appears in my baby’s eyes.)
7. Your baby’s favourite nursing position (which, of course, they insist on) is not football, cradle or anything you have ever heard of before; it’s rocking back and forth on their belly and taking “sips” at their will. Seriously, I feel like I’m wrestling an alligator.
8. They crawl away or sit up every time you try to nurse them to sleep.
9. Your nose is the preferred teether of choice. (Feels weird without teeth, but it is Chinese torture once those little ones finally come in).
10. They know how to scrunch up their faces so that we think they are about to cry. This fools me no more! But it melts my heart every time.
11. Your little one knows which ear-piercing scream will make you come running every single time and use it to their advantage.
12. They shake their head from side to side or dig their faces into their car seat, your shoulder, or the closest available surface. All to avoid their noses from being cleaned.
13. Your little one makes fake poop sounds so that you stop feeding him and put him down to change his diaper.
14. Once mobile, they can pull things off the wall (like embedded nightlights!) no matter how firmly they are grounded in.
15. They know what no means and may even pause when you say it, but then grin and continue to do whatever they were doing!
16. Your keyboard keys are regularly pulled off! (within seconds while you are trying to put the thing away!)
17. Your little brat won’t sit still for a second! Even storytime is now an on the go activity.
Did I mention this is my almost nine month old? Not even a toddler yet. If you are in as much trouble as me, you have my deepest sympathies, but also a delight as this will be one heck of a joyful ride ahead.
Try to keep in mind that your child may not be as fun if they were quiet and diligent and enjoy every moment of this, no matter what shape it takes.
I’m going to be grateful for small mercies, though, like the fact that he still sleeps in his bed (and not mine), even though I have to be so insistent when he wakes up at night to keep this up. And that I’m burning calories while chasing and even crawling after him. So, these were the primary baby naughty activities that most kids do to their families.
All photographs in this article are original and contributed by the author.
Helpful Tips For How To Get Baby To Sleep: Do you get exhausted when your kid doesn’t sleep? Here we got your back! Check out these helpful tips to get your baby to sleep peacefully!
6 Tips To Ensure Your Child’s Safety: Here we got you covered with 6 major tips to ensure your child’s safety. Must check them out here!
Quick Checklist For Baby Proofing Your House: Here is your quick checklist for baby proofing your house. Must check this out!