5 Fun Family Time Hacks That Will Make Your Weekend
The weekend is just round the corner and if you are running out of ideas on things you can do with your child you have come to the right place. We bring to you some fun ideas to make family time an absolute riot this weekend, so read on!
Tired of just running through your list of chores over the weekend, or listening to your children complain about how "bored" they are of doing the same things? Yes, we know how you feel!
So, here we are to rescue you from just another weekend of mall visits and play areas or endless amounts of screen time for your child. Here are 5 things to do this weekend as a family that is sure to lighten up the mood in the house and ignite even the most bored minds.
1. Baking fest: There is nothing more therapeutic than putting on an apron and whipping it up with your child. There is even a song that advocates doing just this, and for good reason. Cooking is a great way to get your child actively involved with you over the weekend. You can decide bake cookies or a cake or whip up some scrumptious breakfast of pancakes and syrup for the family with your child playing an active role in the kitchen. It's a great way to bond, plus it helps your child learn new skills and explore different senses as she cooks with you.
2. Family game time: Its afternoon and the sun is shining hard, making it impossible for you or your children to step out of the house. And there is a general lull around the house, so how do you shake it off and get everyone together? Why a great board game will do! Pull out that monopoly or scrabble, and split up into teams and watch the fun unfold as your child and you get into some serious game time action
3. Movie Mania: It is the weekend after all, so instead of winding up the evening early as you would on school days, we say why not indulge? Pick a family favourite movie or opt for a new movie that you know could turn into a favourite. Dim the lights, get the popcorn ready and cozy up on the couch to enjoy your very own movie hall at home with your family
4. Cultural Trip: Why just limit your fun to indoors, when there is a whole world to be explored outside. This weekend map out a cultural tour of the city that you live in for your child, and make it fun drive around town, stopping for a meal near a place or monument of importance, or an ice cream near a famous park in the city. Better yet, if you live in one of the major metros, you could even opt for the double decker bus rides, and let your child enjoy the breeze in her face and the myriad views of the city all at one go!
5. Sport It Up: Another great way to enjoy the outdoors is to indulge in some sports time with the whole familia. You'll could opt for a cycling trip in a city park, or decide to just kick the ball around with a packed picnic snack in tow. Indulge in a swim together to beat the heat or simply head out for a stroll in the evening in a famous green spot in the city.
So what are you waiting for, take your pick and plan a fun weekend for yourself and your family.
Read More On Baby