Christmas Recipe: Pinaca
This is a Goan sweet dish prepared during Christmas. It is very tasty and easy to make.
Ingredients for Pinaca:
- Brown rice 2cup
- Goan coconut jaggery 3pc
- Fennel seeds 1tsp
- Black pepper 1tsp
- Ginger powder 1tsp
- Grated coconut 1cup
Method to make Pinaca:
- In a pan, roast the brown rice till it turns golden and then grind it into a fine powder.
- Set aside the remaining ingredients.
- Grind the Fennel into a fine powder.
- Put the jaggery in the microwave for 30 seconds so that it softens.
- Mix the jaggery, grated coconut, fennel, powder, black pepper, and ginger powder. Then add rice flour to the mixture and mix well.
- Check the texture of the mix if the mixture is a coarse grind it again.
- Take a small portion of the mixture and roll and lightly dust with rice flour.
Disclaimer: The photograph in this article is original and belong to the author. Reproducing it in any form without the permission of the author will not be allowed.#christmas