Here are some tri colored food you must try!
ORANGE COLORED FOODS
Orange foods, a healthy aura contain a plethora of nutrients associated with orange colored fruits and vegetables, being beneficial to one's overall health. The abundance of anti-oxidants, vitamins, fiber and phytonutrients in orange foods are good for your skin, eyes and heart and also decrease your risk to diseases.
HEALTHY ORANGE FOODSWHY SHOULD WE EAT THESE?
1. Sweet potato: They are one of the best orange foods. Being part of the root family, they are high in beta-carotene, magnesium, fiber, potassium and iron.
2. Oranges: Oranges are considered to be superfoods. They have a wealth of nutrients including vitamin C, vitamin A precursors, calcium, potassium, and pectin.
3. Mangoes: Mango is considered to be the king of all fruits and hence it has plenty of Vitamin A and Vitamin C. In addition to that it is also a rich source of Vitamin B6, Probiotic Fibe, copper, potassium and magnesium.
4. Papaya: Papaya is known to be a good source of vitamin A, Vitamin C, Fiber and antioxidants
5. Pumpkin: Pumpkin is a rich source of Vitamin A, Fiber and zinc.
6. Carrots: Carrots are a good source of vitamin A, Vitamin c and antioxidants.
UNHEALTHY ORANGE FOODS WHY SHOULD YOU AVOID THESE?
1. Processed cheese: Processed cheese is high in fats and also in sodium.
2. Orange juice: Orange juice contains added sugars, preservatives and also lacks fiber.
3. Tang: Tang contains added colors, preservatives and sugars
4. Fanta: Fanta is a carbonated drink which is high in sugars and contains added colors.
5. Candies: Candies are very high in sugars and contain added colors.
White foods are generally referred to foods which are white in color. White foods are high in carbohydrates, fiber; anthoxanthins in white foods can help lower your blood pressure and cholesterol. White foods are also known to have anti-inflammatory benefits.
HEALTHY WHITE FOODSWHY WE SHOULD CONSUME THESE?
1. Rice: The health benefits of rice are its ability to provide fast and instant energy, improve bowel movements, and are also known to be an essential source of vitamin B1 to the human body. Not only that rice is rich in zinc and magnesium.
2. Cauliflower: Cauliflower is an excellent source of vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, pantothenic acid, vitamin B6 choline, dietary fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, manganese, phosphorus, and biotin.
3. Milk: Milk is a rich source of calcium, phosphorous, magnesium and protein which are all essential for healthy bone growth and development.
4. Yoghurt: Yoghurt is known to be a good source of protein, In addition to that it also contains nutrients like calcium, vitamin B-2, vitamin B-12, potassium, and magnesium.
5. Tofu: Tofu is a good source of protein and contains all eight essential amino acids. It is an excellent source of iron, calcium and minerals such manganese, selenium, phosphorous, magnesium, copper, zinc and vitamin B1.
6. Mushrooms: They are full of proteins, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, antibiotics and antioxidants. The health benefits of mushrooms include relief from high cholesterol levels, breast cancer, prostate cancer, and diabetes. It also known to help in weight loss, and increases the strength of the immune system.
7. Radish: Radishes are rich in ascorbic acid, folic acid, and potassium. They are also a good source of vitamin B6, riboflavin, magnesium, copper, and calcium.
8. Feta cheese: Feta cheese is rich in proteins & calcium. In addition to that feta cheese also contains vitamin B12 and B6.
9. White Beans: White beans are known to be a rich source of protein and fibre. White bean varieties are typically high in potassium, folate, vitamins C and B6, calcium, and iron
UNHEALTHY WHITE FOODSWHY WE SHOULD AVOID THESE?
1. Marshmallows: They are high in sugars and low in nutrition.
2. White Chocolate: White chocolates are high in sugars i.e 17gms of sugars per ounce so 60% of it is just sugar.
3. Ice cream: Ice cream is known to be high in fats and sugars.
4. Instant Noodles: Instant noodles have substances such as dyes and preservatives They are known to be High in calories, have a fairly high salt content and unhealthy saturated fats which can increase the risk of metabolic syndrome.
5. Pasta: Pasta is made up of refined flour. Refined white flour in itself contains almost no dietary goodness in itself and its consumption can have negative effects on health.
6. Bread: White bread is made up of refined flour which has less fiber, fewer B vitamins and also lacks antioxidants .
Green foods are packed with nutrients and are an extremely important part of our diet. Green foods are great source of phytonutrients and also have great healing powers. The power of green can revitalize one's health as green foods are easy on glucose levels. Greens are very low in sugars as they're packed with fiber and water infact they are known to help in regulating the blood sugar levels throughout the day.
HEALTHY GREEN FOODSWHY WE SHOULD EAT THESE?
1. Spinach: Spinach is an excellent source of iron, vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C, folic acid, manganese, magnesium, iron and vitamin B2
2. Okra: Besides being low in calories it is aplenty with vitamins such as Thiamin, B6, C, folic acid, riboflavin,& minerals calcium, zinc and dietary fiber
3. Broccoli: Broccoli offers high levels of vitamin C, bone-strengthening vitamin K, and folate, which plays a strategic role in regulating cell growth and reproduction
4. Cucumber: Cucumbers are rich in vitamin K, B vitamins, copper, potassium, vitamin C, and manganese.
5. Green peas: Green peas are a great source of bone-building vitamin K and manganese. They are significant store of vitamin C that helps in supporting the immune system
6. Avocados: Avocados contain lutein, an antioxidant that protects eye health, and they're rich in vitamin E.
7. Capsicum: They're a good source of many important nutrients, including vitamin C, beta carotene, folate, and vitamin K.
8. Green moong: Green moong dal is packed with proteins and is also a good source of iron.