MomBeauty: Reducing Under Eye Dark Circles
Dark Circles- something which most of us can relate to. It won't be wrong to say that dark circles under the eye are our constant companions specially during the early years of Motherhood. Every morning (if you are lucky enough to differentiate between night and day keeping up with your baby's schedule) you end up looking like a Raccoon or a Panda.
What are Dark Circles?
Dark circles usually refer to darkened patches under the eye. These could be Blue or Brown in colour. The skin under the eye is very delicate and transparent. The veins when dilated,specially in morning show even more. The Brown circles are because of tanning and excessive friction near the eye.
Causes of Dark Circles
There are number of reasons as to why one ends up with Dark circles... like allergies, use of certain medications, age, sun exposure etc. But as mothers, wemainly get them because of Lack of Rest or Fatigue, Stress, fluid retention during pregnancy and also due to Lack of Iron in body.
What to do about Dark Circles?
So, what can be done about them? Well there are lot of remedies for that. They may or may not work for everybody but are seemingly quite harmless to try (unless you are allergic to any of the contents).
I would first suggest some Preventive Measures
1. Drink lots of water (minimum 2 liters a day)
2. Eat food rich in Iron like Dark, leafy vegetables, egg yolk, red meat, beans, lentils, dried fruits, whole grain cereals, brown rice etc. If you still get Raccoon eyes after following the above measures, here are some of the Remedial Measures that you may like to try
3. Get some sleep... I know it is easier said than done. Everybody will suggest you to sleep while the baby is sleeping and how you have to explain every time that that's the only time you get to finish off your other chores. But once in a while ask your partner to take care of the baby for a couple of hours and get undisturbed rest; or call for a baby sitter and get your much needed beauty sleep.
4. Use cool cucumber slices on each eye while lying down at least for 10-15 minutes.
5. Take two used Tea-bags and refrigerate them for sometime, place them on both eyes for 10-15 minutes.
6. Use an eye cream twice a day after cleansing and toning your face.
7. Use OTC creams with caffeine to constrict blood vessels and to boost circulation or the creams with skin brighteners to lighten the area.
If the above remedies also don't work, hide them if you can't prevent them. Use an orange toned concealer a shade lighter than your skin tone and instantly look well rested and younger.
So mommies, see if you can get rid of your dark circles with above mentioned tips or do you have some of your own tip to share with us.... do leave a comment