22 Feb 2022 | 5 min Read
Author | 607 Articles
Having a child is one of the most rewarding experiences in a woman’s life. The ability to grow and nurture a child within her body is a miraculous one and a baby shower is the perfect way to celebrate a mum-to-be.
Since she will remember this momentous occasion for the rest of her life, it’s only fitting that you make it a special one.
Here are some of the best baby shower gifts for expecting mothers.
1. Pregnancy and new baby journal: A pregnancy and new baby journal is perhaps the sweetest keepsake for pregnancy and baby’s first year. It serves as a guidebook, medical log, journal, and scrapbook for almost everything that the mum wants to remember during this special time.
Gift baskets can be a wonderful baby shower present.
Image Source: pinterest.com
2. Gift basket: Gift baskets can be a wonderful baby shower present that will make the mum-to-be feel all the more special. A basket made from bamboo or wood creates an authentic feel. You can also stock up on some goodies both for the mother and the baby like nail clippers, cotton swabs, baby hairbrush, booties, socks, soft toys, blocks, and baby spoons.
3. Personalised mugs: A personalised mug has its own charm. You can also add captions like ‘super mum’ along with the name of the mum-to-be.
4. Photo album: A photo album never goes out of fashion. A cute-themed photo album can be a perfect baby shower present. After the birth of the newborn, the mum can chronicle her baby’s first few months with some adorable baby photos.
Image Caption: A sleeping mask will be the expecting mother’s savior in those restless nights.
Image Source: pinterest.com
5. Sleeping mask: A sleeping mask is sure to become an expecting mother’s personal favoruite. It will be her saviour during those restless nights.
6. Essentials kit: This kit can contain essentials like organic bamboo briefs and a comfortable wrap that she can carry with her to the hospital.
7. A comfy robe: A comfortable robe for the mum-to-be will make her mornings and evenings cozy. Not to forget, she can use it to make her little one feel warm and fuzzy.
8. Skincare set: The skincare set can include a face wash, body lotion, a night cream, and a body wash that will provide perfect nourishment and moisturisation to her body.
9. Water bottle: It is very important to stay hydrated during pregnancy. A cute bespoke or customised water bottle can be a great gifting option that will remind the would-be-mother to drink more water and keep herself hydrated throughout the day.
10. Nursing bralette: The mum-to-be will surely love a comfortable nursing bralette as a baby shower present, because she will be needing it after the baby is born.
11. Muslin blankets: Muslin blankets are a wonderful option as they can be used either as a nursing cover, swaddle, or burp cloth.
12. Baby carrier: Why should mummy and daddy have all the fun? The newborn can join in the fun too by accompanying new parents wherever they go. The baby can be positioned in the carrier forward or backward.
Scented candles can be used to de-stress for the mother-to-be.
Image Source: tweakindia.com
13. Scented candles: The journey of nine months is not an easy one. Amidst plenty of mood swings, scented candles can be used to de-stress and relax.
14. Handmade artwork: Handmade gifts have a different value altogether. It can also serve a special purpose to rev up the decor of the nursery.
15. A handwritten letter: In today’s digital age, handwritten letters have been forgotten. However, if you are planning something special for your friend’s baby shower, write a letter to her, congratulating her and decorating it so it can be framed for a keepsake.
16. Baby neck pillow: New parents will no longer have to worry about the baby’s comfort and safety. The neck pillow helps little ones keep their head at a comfortable angle.
17. Bib: Bibs will not only prevent food stains but can also be used to paint. Your little one is most likely to use paints and crayons for crafts after they turn a little old, so its certainly something that will come in handy later on.
18. Gift cards: You can give gift cards for shopping apps or food apps that the expecting mum loves so she has the freedom to choose and buy what she likes or needs.
19. Arrange a date night: Arranging a date night for the mum-to-be and dad-to-be will make both of them feel special. You can book a table at their favourite restaurant and let them have a great meal together.
20. Customised doormat: Doormats with messages like ‘Baby Sleeping’, ‘Be Quiet Or Babysit’ can be another cute and funny gifting idea for your friend’s baby shower.
The occasion of a baby shower is very special and a memorable one. So make it special!