7 Apr 2022 | 2 min Read
Dr Divya Tejuja Sahetya
Author | 1 Articles
Asthma is a condition in which the airways become narrow and swollen and may produce mucus, making it difficult to breathe. Although it is more challenging for kids to manage asthma, the condition of asthma in kids is similar to that in adults.
Some of the challenges that the kids tend to face in case of asthma include:
· Poor sleep
· Occasional asthma attacks
· Inability to carry out physical activities well due to interference of the asthma symptoms.
· Low performance at school due to frequent illness
· Permanent lung damage due to severe asthma condition
The cause of asthma and the severity may vary amount kids, a few of the causes are:
· Environmental factors and asthma triggers (pollutants, smoke, pollen, dust, pests)
· Respiratory tract infection in young age
· Parents suffering from asthma
· Tendency of the body to develop an allergies
Besides these common causes, a few factors tend to contribute to it and increase the risk of developing asthma. These include:
· Prolonged exposure to pollutants and toxins
· Family history of allergies and asthma
· Previous history of allergies
· Gastroesophageal reflux disease
· Low immune response since birth
· Compromised respiratory condition since birth
· Frequent respiratory tract infections
It’s important to identify the triggers and factors that lead to asthma along with the right treatment in order to prevent serious health hazards like permanent lung damage or any other condition resulting from asthma.
If you like the article, do rate us too on the google app store by using this link
Suggestions offered by doctors on BabyChakra are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by BabyChakra is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.