27 Apr 2022 | 6 min Read
Author | 740 Articles
The best part about the whole Ramadan or Ramzan month, besides it being the month of devotion, spiritual reflection, doing good deeds and forgiveness, is breaking the roza(fast) with family and friends and enjoying a scrumptious spread.
Even if you don’t celebrate the festival, you can still enjoy the delicious Ramzan and Eid delicacies that can can be easily made at home.
Listed below are five traditional Eid recipes that are easy to make at home and can be enjoyed with family and friends.
Enjoy this vegetarian melt-in-the-mouth kabab with chutney or any dip of your choice.
280 gm peas
Salt to taste
90 gm potato
15 gm ginger
10 gm green chilli
5 ml virgin olive oil
5 gm chilli powder
2 gm coriander leaves
5 gm black cumin seeds
1. Add enough water to peas and blanch them for a few minutes.
2. In a pan, sauté cumin seeds and green peas in some olive oil. Let the peas fry until they turn a little dry.
3. Let the peas cool down by taking them out of the pan and then mash them.
4. After the peas are mashed, add boiled mashed potatoes and mix them well. Add chilli powder, chopped coriander, grated ginger, green chilli along with salt and mix well.
5. Make flat small tikkis out of the mixture and shallow fry them on both the sides until they turn crispy.
6. Serve with a dip or chutney.
This dessert packed with rose essence and crunchy nuts are not just delectable but one of the easy Eid recipes that you can try.
2 tbsp basmati rice
Water to soak rice
1 litre full cream milk
15 dry rose petals
2 tsp saffron milk
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
Chopped dry fruits
1. Soak the basmati rice in water for 30 minutes.
2. Strain the water and blend the rice to form a coarse paste. Then set it aside.
3. Boil the milk in a large container.
4. Simmer the milk for 10 minutes while stirring occasionally until the milk thickens.
5. Add the rice paste to the thick milk and stir continuously for about 5 minutes to avoid lumps.
6. Keep stirring until the milk comes to a boil and the rice is completely cooked.
7. Add the saffron milk and sugar and stir until the milk turns creamy.
8. Finally, add the rose petals and cardamom powder. Mix them thoroughly and serve chilled by garnishing with nuts.
This paratha made with khoya is sweet in taste and is a must-try recipe.
200 gms khoya
10 gms cardamom powder
50 gms granulated sugar
1/4 gram saffron strands
3 tbsp ghee
5 ml kewra water
400 gms whole wheat flour
A pinch of salt
Water as per requirement
1. In a bowl, mix whole wheat flour with 2 tbsp of ghee and water to knead a soft dough. Then cover the dough with a damp cloth and set aside for about 1 hour.
2. Keep aside the khoya as well after grating. Then, add saffron strands to 1 tsp warm water and add it to the grated khoya. Add the cardamom powder, kewra water and saffron strands as well to the khoya mix. After that, divide the kneaded dough into equal portions.
3. Take the khoya mixture and stuff it into each portion of the dough and then roll them into balls.
4. Take a rolling pin to shape them into paranthas. Heat a pan and cook them on both sides with some until they turn light brown. Serve the paranthas hot.
Pista Choco Barfi is one of the sweet dessert easy Eid recipes made with ingredients like powdered cocoa powder, rose essence, powdered pistachios and khoya.
1/2 cup powdered pistachios
1 and 1/2 cup khoya
2 drops rose essence
1/4 tsp green cardamom
2 cups ghee
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 and 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 drops green edible food colour
10 inches silver vark (optional)
1. Add khoya and powdered sugar into a deep button non-stick pan. Prepare the mix for 15 minutes by stirring continuously.
2. After that, add the cooked khoya to a big plate and let it cool down. Divide the mixture into two parts equally.
3. Take a deep bowl and add the powdered pistachios, rose essence, cardamom powder and green food colouring. Do not add cocoa to this and mix the ingredients with khoya.
4. Take another large bowl and add cocoa powder. Mix the other half of the khoya into the same bowl. Now take a cling wrap and place it on a wooden board or any flat surface. Grease this wrap with some ghee.
5. Place the pistachio mixture over the greased wrap to form a rectangle of 7” by 8”. You can make it slightly smaller or bigger too. To this, spread an even cylindrical roll of the cocoa mixture. Roll this tightly using the cling wrap.
6. After the mix is set well, remove the cling wrap gently and cut the rectangle into small slices of about 15-20 pieces. Place them on a plate and set them to refrigerate for 15 minutes. Garnish with silver varq if you wish to and serve.
Mutton Rosh Recipe is one of the popular Eid food recipes which tastes salty. The gravy of this dish is even had as a soup during the winters.
750 gm mutton
250 gm fat of meat
250 gm tomatoes
1 piece cinnamon
1 tbsp black pepper
1 garlic bulb
50 gm ginger
1 tsp salt
½ cup oil
Green chillies and fresh coriander as per taste
1. Marinate the mutton in a bowl with cloves, fat, onions, cinnamon, ginger, garlic, tomatoes, black pepper and salt. Mix well.
2. Now heat some oil in a wok and add the mutton mixture. Add some water and keep stirring in between and let it cook for about 2 hours. In case the mutton sticks to the pan, add some water.
3. Let the water dry or keep some of it should you wish to have your Rosh gravy. Serve hot by sprinkling green chillies and fresh coriander leaves.
Eid is celebrated after a month long period of fasting and it’s a festival that is incomplete without celebrating good food! Try these easy finger licking Eid recipes and enjoy the festivities with your family and friends
We wish you a very Happy Eid!
Suggestions offered by doctors on BabyChakra are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by BabyChakra is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.