14 Apr 2022 | 4 min Read
Author | 2574 Articles
“Not all heroes wear capes” and so is father-in-laws. It is natural that when we hear the word “in-laws”, we cringe because they give us the most uninvited advice in the most annoying way. And father-in-law, no matter what he does and how much he cares for us, is the one who is often carried away as a topic under the name tag “in-laws”. So, here is a tribute for those father-in-laws who is an always working and never breaking support system of our lives.
Most of us might have been in a situation where we feel it is agonizing to deal with the parent-in-laws. But the fact we should open heartedly accept is they were part and parcel of our spouse’s history and an important ingredient in our present life. We simply can’t deny the fact that they have played a major role in shaping our spouse to what he is now. Let us rejoice the efforts and greatness of those unsung heroes. So, here is the list of the things every father-in-law generally do but are least cherished.
• Welcomer: As a newlywed, when we are missing our own family terribly, the father-in-law is the one who, undoubtedly, welcomes us with open arms and treats us like we are the daughters he never had.
• Pacifier: The tug-of-war between a mother-in-law and daughter-in-law is an age-old phenomenon and a topic of sitcom jokes ever since. And father-in-law is the one who keeps a check on it. He is the moderator who keeps pacifying the misunderstandings between wife and daughter-in-law and tries to create harmony in the family.
• Helper: We have a problem with a major project at the office? He will help you out to sort it. Do we need a help in choosing paint for our new house? He will be there to lend a hand and provide assistance with no strings attached. Such form of generosity of the father-in-laws helps in improving the family bonds and situations. But along with this, he also makes sure that everything is done within limits so that we are not deprived of our roles and responsibilities as daughter-in-laws.
• Though he is the most gentle and affectionate person in the new family, he still knows to keep the emotional distance and set boundaries with us. Just like our fathers, he also wants us to struggle and clear out our problems in life by ourselves. He makes sure we assume adult responsibilities for the well-being of our family and our marriage.
• Loves and cares the grandchildren unconditionally: Father-in-law is the person who is ever ready to take our baby/toddler for a walk while we can sit peacefully and sip a cup of coffee. He is also constantly geared up to baby sit and never complains so that we can concentrate on our work at the office.
• Father-in-laws are, by and large, flexible in scheduling family gatherings or events for being more hospitable and gracious. They make sure everyone attends the gatherings heartily and leaves with the sweet memories in mind and smile on the face.
• Father-in-laws cushions the more intrusive demands of the mother-in-law and makes life easier for daughter-in-laws.
• They acknowledge and appreciate the contributions and sacrifices of the daughter-in-law and encourages her to keep up the pace with her husband’s life.
• Father-in-laws, whether educated or uneducated, they show genuine interest in us and our work making us feel more enthusiastic and buoyant.
• Father-in-laws never let their daughter-in-laws feel left out. He is the one who lowers the guards and let us in and generously shares his well-protected family with us.
Suggestions offered by doctors on BabyChakra are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by BabyChakra is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.