23 May 2022 | 5 min Read
Author | 2574 Articles
Babies bring a bundle of joy into our lives, lighting up the house with their shrieks and smiles. Becoming a mother is one of the best feelings in the world, but it comes with its own share of problems. One of the biggest problems that mothers face is when it comes to feeding their little ones. Making nutritious food that my 6-month old daughter actually liked while maintaining a job was turning out to be much more stressful than I expected!
It was a god-sent blessing when one of my friends told me about an organic baby food company BabyStaples. She had an 8 month old baby, and had recently started feeding him porridges and cereals by BabyStaples. I was skeptical about the safety and nutrition of online baby food, but her son seemed to be enjoying it! I decided to contact the company to learn more about their roots, and was surprised when I received a quick reply! It has been started by a BITS-Pilani alumna who is a mother of two herself. The company is based in Hyderabad, but it functions using an online store that ships all over India. The team members are completely transparent in their methods and willingly shared their lab testing reports, their raw material supplier details etc. with me until I had all my doubts cleared.
I ordered their Apple and Rice Porridge for my baby and Tomato Soup for us adults, and here is a description of what I felt –
1. I received the product within 3 days – super fast shipping!
2. Love their packaging – the box had pleasing designs and colors with easy-to-use zip-lock pouches inside!
3. My daughter loved the Apple and Rice Porridge! She gobbled it up without making a fuss – a big difference from all the tantrums that she threw over food before.
4. The porridge could be made instantly, and the best part? It has no sugar, salt or preservatives – things that are recommended by doctors too! The Apple and Rice Porridge is naturally sweetened using apple, so I did not have to add anything to enhance its taste! I tasted it myself to check the flavor, and guess what, it tasted like real, fresh apples!
5. The Tomato Soup is made of pure vegetables – no maida or cornflour, and no sugar/salt/preservatives. I had to season the soup myself, but it was good to be able to customize it according to my family’s taste. The lack of cornflour, maida and other additives makes it taste exactly like homemade soup with the taste of real vegetables – the only difference being that the BabyStaples soup can be prepared in under 5 minutes while it takes hours to make it yourself – no more boiling, chopping and cutting!
6. Another point I should mention here is the fact that their boxes come with a recipe pamphlet inside to help you make other dishes with the powders! I made some salsa sauce using the Tomato Soup and sweet idlis using the Apple and Rice Porridge, but their other powders can also be used to make things like pizzas, cutlets etc!
7. Also, their products are made using ingredients supplied by certified organic vendors.
8. Overall, I was indefinitely pleased with BabyStaples products! They’re extremely delicious, super healthy and absolutely easy to make!
Since this, I have tried out a lot of their products – some for my daughter, and some for me! They have never disappointed me, and I love their “no refined flour, preservatives, or anything unnatural” formula – they use ancient whole grains like millets, amaranth and quinoa for most of their products, and it is immensely satisfying to see a company keeping Indian traditions and everyone’s health in mind.
Not to forget, BabyStaples Amaranth and Poha Porridge with Dates powder is an excellent Iron booster – the nutrition values clearly show that each serving has almost 18% iron in just one serving. Getting these nutrients naturally without fortification is something that all mothers prefer for their families, and BabyStaples offers a wide range of 22 products – from single-ingredient first foods to mixed grain cereals, dosas and soups!
Some of their products are not naturally sweetened, which is a blessing in disguise as I get to mix and match flavors according to my baby’s preference, instead of feeding her the same, fixed flavors. Fruit purees, mashed bananas and jaggery can be added to enhance the taste of these porridges.
I also loved their laddoo range for mothers – they were so delicious that my husband ate them all up, almost leaving nothing for me!
Throughout my journey with BabyStaples, the team has been incredibly sweet and helpful – suggesting products in accordance with my baby’s needs and age. Whenever I was doubtful about anything, I would just ring the CEO up and she would guide me through whatever issue I had!
Thanks to BabyStaples, I did not need to quit my job and my baby is growing into a healthy and strong toddler with a significant weight gain every month. I will definitely continue using their products – perhaps to make healthy cakes, pizzas and cutlets if not porridges! It has been an amazing journey with them till now, and I do not mean to end it anytime soon. Thank you BabyStaples!!
Suggestions offered by doctors on BabyChakra are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by BabyChakra is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.