10 Parenting Lessons We Can Learn From Bollywood Celebrity Parents

10 Parenting Lessons We Can Learn From Bollywood Celebrity Parents

2 Aug 2022 | 4 min Read

Sayani Basu

Author | 607 Articles

It’s 2022 and parenting style has changed. Modern-day parenting has taken over and it’s all about balancing priorities, juggling responsibilities and giving choices to your kids. Plus, there has been a shift from the authoritarian style to gentle, conscious and mindful parenting. This is the new parenting style.

Being a celeb and a parent can be a daunting task. But there are a few celebrities who have mastered this art and have been dealing with it like a pro. Read on to know some of the parenting lessons from your favourite Bollywood celeb parents.

10 Parenting Lessons From Bollywood Celeb Parents

  1. Actress Kajol is an amazing mum and believes in the 60:40 ratio. She says that if you can manage 60% of your love, you have a fantastic relationship with your children. The remaining 40% lies when they throw tantrums. In this way, parents can have a balanced relationship with their kids.
  1. Supermodel turned actress Susmita Sen is a mum of two and claims that she has been a strict mother. According to her, discipline is the steering wheel of parenting. She has also said that she eased off later after her daughters have grown up into disciplined individuals.
  1. Better known as Hrithik Roshan’s ex-wife, designer Sussanne Khan has raised her kids to be like any other child and did not let her celebrity status reflect on them. She lets her kids make certain decisions on their own so that they can grow into confident individuals. The designer also takes care of how she behaves in front of her children and treats them as equals and this, in turn, will be taken up by the children.
  1. Madhuri Dixit has turned out to be a talented mum as well. She is alert and conscious about the little one’s health at all times and feels that these are a requisite of parenting. She has been training her kids so that they wake up, brush their teeth twice and follow disciplinary actions.
  1. A strong believer in “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy”, actress Karishma Kapoor believes that kids need to balance play and studies. She is very often seen taking her kids out to mountains and forests so that they get time to bond with nature. She believes that life cannot be lived inside a glass case and does not let her children stay at home and watch only television or study.
  1. Late actress Sridevi had revealed that she has given her daughters a lot of space, and freedom. She believes that her daughters are capable of understanding what is best for them and she had always encouraged them to stay motivated.
  1. Actress Malaika Arora Khan strikes the perfect path between strictness and fun in her journey of parenting. She believes that kids should not be burdened with a lot of expectations. They should be given the freedom to live the way they want and follow disciplinary actions alike.
  1. Raveena Tandon believes that parenthood is a process of constant learning. She believes that every child is different and every child-parent relationship differs. They should have the perfect bonding and mutually decide on rules that are beneficial for both of them.
  1. Mum Kiran Rao has always strived to make her child’s young years grounded and avoids exposure to the media. Aamir Khan’s ex-wife admits that parenting is the beginning of an adventure and she takes into account every mishap and learns to be a better parent every day.
  1. Shah Rukh Khan acts like a kid when he is around his children. Khan considers his children to be his friends and he interacts with them as equals. He’s one cool dad!

These parenting lessons have just changed our perspectives on parenting and we are loving the new face of parenting; from authoritarian to liberal.



Suggestions offered by doctors on BabyChakra are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by BabyChakra is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.