18 May 2022 | 4 min Read
Author | 2574 Articles
One should be careful while selecting food for an 8-month-old baby. The food should be nutritious and at the same time, easy on the stomach. The following foods are ideal for an 8-month-old baby.
This is a perfect, nutritious and mouth-watering food for an 8-month-old baby. The recipe is simple and requires negligible effort.
· As the name suggests, the main ingredients include apple and pear (thoroughly washed, peeled and cored).
· Cut the apple and pear into thin slices.
· Transfer the fruits into a saucepan or a bowl.
· Add a little amount of water and warm till the fruits become soft and tender.
· Make a fine paste of the fruits using a masher or a spoon head.
The nutritious delight is ready to be served.
Benefits: Apple and pear are a rich source of Calcium, Vitamin A, and Folate.
This baby food is an effortless bonanza you cannot miss.
· The ingredients include a cup each of apple paste or sauce and butternut squash (both baked).
· Transfer the ingredients into a vessel.
· Heat the vegetables on a low steam.
· The ingredients are then mixed by slowly stirring the mixture.
· It is best to cool the food before feeding it to your baby.
Benefits: Butternuts are a rich source of Potassium, Calcium, Vitamin A, C, and Folate. A healthy choice for a healthy baby!
This magical dish is nutrition served on a platter.
· The only ingredient required is a thoroughly washed broccoli (medium size).
· Chop off the end portion of the broccoli (around an inch).
· The stalks are gently peeled (identical to peeling of carrots).
· The broccoli is then carefully cut keeping the florets intact.
· Next, the florets are heated till they become soft (approximately 10 minutes). Make sure you do not throw away the liquid.
· Finally, blend the tender florets into a fine puree.
Benefits: Broccoli is an excellent source of Vitamins (A, B1, B6, E), Omega-3 fatty acids, dietary fiber, and minerals (zinc, iron, calcium, and magnesium to name a few).
This is a healthy and tasty dish if you want to introduce fish into your baby’s diet (advisable to consult a pediatrician)
· You need white fish, parsley (2-3 twigs), a small piece of celeriac, leek (2.5 cm), butter or oil and water.
· Mince the fish, celeriac, and leek into fine pieces.
· Slice the parsley into large pieces.
· Put all the ingredients into a saucepan.
· Add water and heat the ingredients for 9-10 minutes.
· Drain away the water (not all).
· Add a teaspoon of oil or butter to the mixture and mash it into a puree.
Benefits: White fish is laden with proteins, iodine, Vitamin B, and selenium.
This is an ideal food for an 8-month-old baby.
The ingredients include pitted and cubed peaches (2 in nos. ripe), sweet potato (peeled and minced), cinnamon, and water.
· Transfer sweet potato and the peaches into a baking tray.
· To this mixture, add a little amount of water.
· Add a tinge of cinnamon or ginger to it.
· Stir gently. Cover it well with an aluminum foil.
· Bake the mixture in an oven (preheat to 375° F) for 18-20 minutes.
· Transfer the soft and tender mixture into a bowl and allow it to cool.
· Finally, mash or blend into a puree.
Benefits: Apple and pear are rich in vitamins, minerals, and dietary fibers.
Easy to prepare, this is an excellent food dish for an 8- month-old baby.
· Organic oatmeal or brown rice (ideally, 1/3 cup), dried lentils (1/8 cup), formula milk and water (2-3 cups).
· Blend the dried lentils and brown rice into a fine powder.
· In a vessel, boil 2 cups of water.
· Add the fine powder into this boiling water and stir.
· Cook the mixture on a low steam for 9-10 minutes (continuous stirring).
· You can add formula milk to adjust the consistency.
Benefits: Lentils and brown rice are rich in dietary fibers. Lentils are also a rich source of proteins.
Your baby will love to binge upon this healthy dish.
· You will need a summer squash or zucchini (thoroughly cleaned and peeled) and water.
· The squash is minced well (exclude the ends of the squash).
· Heat the finely chopped squash for 6-7 minutes.
· Blend the soft squash pieces into a fine puree (add the stock solution if required).
Benefits: Summer squash is laden with vitamins (A, B6, C), minerals (manganese, magnesium, potassium, and phosphorous), and fiber.
Suggestions offered by doctors on BabyChakra are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by BabyChakra is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.