20 Apr 2022 | 2 min Read
Author | 2578 Articles
With all the parts of your body being bloated up, it is a herculean task to sleep in exactly the right position in your third trimester. Add to it the smallest bladder, and you’ll have a sleepless night, or an uncomfortable one at the most.
Sleeping can be a pain and we totally understand that. Considering how much sleep you might have to lose later on as a mom, you need that comfortable 8 hours of sleep everyday!
To make sure you don’t miss out on the all-important sleep during your third trimester, here are some tips to help you sleep better –
1. Try and have a distraction-free 15 minutes before you get into bed. Relax yourself, and calm yourself down with some music or meditation as suitable.
2. Invest in pillows and cushions – they go a long way in making you comfortable while you’re trying to sleep. A curved pregnancy pillow is even better, and it’s easily available in maternity stores.
3. Put on some cozy clothes before you sleep. Loose, comfortable nightwear with breathable cotton material help you doze off better than tight clothing.
4. Many pregnant women have suggested that sleeping on your left side might actually be more comfortable, with pillows wedged between your legs and behind your back for extra support.
5. Find your sweet zone – if your bed is not working out for you, you might just find a cozy chair or a sofa to sleep on!
6. Eat light food before you sleep. Also avoid really spicy food, since they cause heartburn and is not recommended especially at night.
7. It’s a known fact that you sleep better when you are tired. So, if you want to, you can exercise lightly, but under the supervision of a trainer. This will tire out your body, while also giving your body the supply of oxygen it needs.